Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts PALS Uplifts The Spirits of Rare Disease Patients by Offering Free Flights

• PALS Uplifts The Spirits of Rare Disease Patients by Offering Free Flights

Posted by Charlene Marshall on June 20, 2019 at 6:04 pm

My beloved co-columnist Kim Frederickson, who recently passed away from this horrid disease, wrote a column back in May of 2017 about a heartfelt plea that meant a lot to her. This plea was asking for people to help fund a private flight for Kim to attend her son’s wedding in another state. I am so thrilled that this venture paid off, and that Kim could be there for this special event with her son and family. While this was an amazing experience for Kim; I remember talking to her about how difficult and how vulnerable she felt in making this financial ask.

Our latest flash briefing discusses a company called PALS (Patient Air Lift Services) and how they offer free flights for patients with chronic illnesses or rare diseases. Click HERE to listen to the full flash briefing!

Have you heard of this kind service offered through PALS?

What are your thoughts on this initiative they are offering to patients living with a rare disease, such as IPF/PF?

replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.