- This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
August 24, 2018 at 3:49 pm #14084Marta RibeiroKeymaster
With PF Awareness Month just around the corner (in September) it’s important that we all work together to raise awareness for this condition!
If you’re struggling with what you can do to help raise awareness, we’ve put together some great ideas to get you started.
- Get social: Social media is one of the best tools we have to spread awareness for any number of issues that we feel strongly about. To spread awareness for PF, this video is a great place to start, but you can also follow our Pulmonary Fibrosis News page on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for other ideas.
- Educate yourself (and others): One of the keys to raising awareness is education. It’s important that you’re aware of all the facts so you can disseminate that knowledge to others who aren’t members of the PF community or those who are looking for causes to support.
- Become an advocate: Talk about PF whenever you can. The knowledge you’ve gained through education will be your greatest ally. Share stories of friends and patients you’ve met along the way. Share information about what drugs are on the horizon, and the kind of progress researchers are making.
- Plan an event: Take what you’ve learned and plan an event. Start small by inviting a few close friends and family members for an intimate gathering where you can share some information about PF, and encourage them to support the cause — either financially or by volunteering.
- Create a support group: Whether you’re suffering from a chronic illness or are caring for someone who is, you’re going to need a network to get you through it. Starting a support group is a great way to bring members of the community together to share experiences and lean on each other.
- Start an awareness campaign: Awareness campaigns have become one of the most effective fundraising tools we have at our disposal. The Ice Bucket Challenge helped raise $115 million for ALS; Lance Armstrong’s Live Strong bracelets raised $100 million to support those living with cancer; Movember has raised almost $600 million to support men’s health initiatives all over the world.
What are you planning to do to help raise awareness to PF? Share it below!
– Marta 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.