Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge ‘Right to Try Act’ : Your Thoughts on the Impact to Patients with PF.

• ‘Right to Try Act’ : Your Thoughts on the Impact to Patients with PF.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on June 4, 2018 at 4:19 pm

If you follow any political news, it is likely that you’ve heard that Trump recently signed a ‘Right to Try Act’ which is aimed at helping terminally ill patients seek experimental drug treatments. These treatments don’t have to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which differs from the previous process of patients trying to access new drug and treatment options for their disease.

Please note: I am not sharing this in support of or endorsing Trump and I do not want this forum conversation to turn into a political discussion. I know some people support Trump and others do not, so please refrain from bringing your beliefs regarding political leaders into this conversation. All/any disrespectful content will be removed.

That being said, I would love to hear from other patients regarding their thoughts on the passing of this Act, since it has the potential to impact us now or in the future. Some questions I have are as follows:

I wonder if this will include stem cell therapy treatment/options for patients living with IPF/PF?

Do you anticipate being impacted by this Act in any capacity?

Are there any clinical trials or experimental drugs that you’re seeking which would be permitted now due to this Act?

In general, what are your thoughts on the passing of this Act and the potential impact of this on all patients with chronic/terminal illnesses?

You can read the full CNN article here: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/30/politics/right-to-try-donald-trump/index.html

replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.