Pulmonary Fibrosis Journal

• Pulmonary Fibrosis Journal

Posted by Katie Bagshawe on August 21, 2019 at 1:51 am

So, I’ve had an idea I’ve been sitting on for some time and at present I’ve got a couple of weeks free before I start my studies in September so thought I would commit some more time to it. I’m an avid diary writer which is something I picked up from my Dad who was meticulous at filling one out for years, and it was something I encouraged him to continue doing during his illness so that he could journal his feelings but also feel in control by marking down his medications, his symptoms, appointments etc. With that in mind, I’ve been thinking of making a journal designed specifically for people living with PF (and perhaps lung disease) that would help do something similar in the hope of assigning back control and be a positive psychological device to use when coming to terms with everything associated of living with this illness.

I’d love to hear whether this would be of something to benefit people, and also if it were designed, what do you think should or shouldn’t be incorporated? I’m going to compile a better idea of what I think it could be and design a few examples to upload, but in the meantime I’d love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Connie Lum replied 4 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Charlene Marshall

Organizer
    August 21, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Hi Katie,

So nice to hear from you! 🙂

I think this is a great idea, especially for those of us who like to journal/write. I’ll have to give it some more thought in terms of what to include in it, but I like the idea of tracking medications, perhaps workout times/goals and then a space to just doodle or journal? I find doodling with no specific purpose (or the adult colouring books) very therapeutic, and calming. If someone filled out the journal daily, perhaps a space for free hand doodling would encourage them to spend a few moments of quiet each day with their diary – something I think we could all benefit from. Curious to hear others’ ideas too!

Thanks for writing, you always have such great ideas!

• Connie Lum

August 22, 2019 at 9:25 am

Hi Katie- I think a journal is a wonderful idea. I’ve tried to write a journal off and on for years. But had difficulty keeping it up. It would be interesting to see how my journey goes. I feel like I don’t even have IPF. Which is a good thing and to chronicle my journey. A doodling space is a great idea. Perhaps some ideas of what to write for those who don’t have that special writing talent!