saracatinib final trials

• saracatinib final trials

Posted by Millie on September 22, 2023 at 7:16 am

The start date of this study was Nov 12, 2020. the final phase is now recruiting participants until Dec 31st. The study is being done at Mount Sinai in New York City. This phase will be completed in June 2024. From that point, it takes 4-6 months to clean the data and prepare the primary manuscript. The results will be available end of 2024 or beginning of 2025. This info was provided to me by the gal who heads up the study in New York.

Larry70 replied 4 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • José

September 22, 2023 at 10:03 am

They claim is better thatn Ofev, but the price is about three times what Ofev cost which is already very expenssive.

• Millie

September 26, 2023 at 4:28 pm

It is currently in use to treat certain cancers. The annual price is in the $28,000 range. That is a lot better than Ofev.

• Ray Dingman

September 28, 2023 at 3:28 pm

Millie

I have been on OFEV since 2016 and the retail cost is not even near 28,000. More like 10,000 to 12,000.

Ray Dingman

• Millie

September 29, 2023 at 12:00 pm

Hi Ray:

I take Ofev. The price is $10,000-$12,000 per month. Fortunately, I qualify to get it free. Saracatinib costs about $28,000 per year. With RX insurance, the cost may be much lower. From what I’ve read, saracatinib reverses the scarring in the lungs. So, if approved, it could be a game changer for all of us.

• Alex Marion

October 4, 2023 at 5:10 pm

When i read about sarcatinib, i found that the trial is call, stop ipf. However, i cannot see any preliminary reports, and may take til 2026 for the medication to be available.

On the other hand BI 1015550 is on phase 3 and shows significant progresion reduction also may take another 3 to 4 year to hit the market? since i am new to all this, if some one cares to correct me , it will be aprecaited.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36693635/

• Larry70

December 30, 2023 at 4:56 pm

I’ve been trying to find out more about the status of Saracatinib and didn’t see much new information regarding how long it might take before the results of the clinical trials are known. However, I did find this link that has a fair amount of layperson-readable (to a degree) information (as well as another drug) that Might be helpful or interesting to someone. I did see where it may indeed take quite a few years before the drug could go through all the hurdles and then become available on the market – a big-time consumer is getting ready for manufacturing – but since the drug had already available for the treatment of cancer (I think) maybe that would speed it up a little. To read the parts about Saracatinib you’ll need to scroll down to 3.1 Saracatinib Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: Addressing the current and future therapeutic advances along with the role of Sotatercept in the management of pulmonary hypertension – Hadi – 2023 – Immunity, Inflammation and Disease – Wiley Online Library