Essential Oils: Pulmonary Fibrosis

Essential Oils: Pulmonary Fibrosis
(4)

What is Aromatherapy?

Have you heard about essential oils? They aren’t anything new. “Essential oil” is basically a different name for an old standby, aromatherapy. There’s plenty of research behind this aromatic trend that shows it can help to alleviate many health conditions. We’ve uncovered some ways essential oils can help you deal with pulmonary fibrosis issues.

essential-oils-for-pulmonary-fibrosis

Essential oils are believed to have a beneficial effect on the mind, body, and spirit. Many essential oils are used to treat specific ailments or complaints.

Like herbs and minerals, the FDA does not regulate essential oils. Most medical doctors do not consider them a valid treatment for what ails you, although those who use them are believers. But check with your doctor first. If you have allergies or anaphylaxis, you’ll probably want to avoid most essential oils.

Below is a list of essential oils that might help to ease symptoms of various conditions.

Massage Today suggest these uses of essential oils:

For Pain:  Spike lavender, sweet marjoram, lavender, petitgrain, Roman and German chamomile, clary sage, lemongrass, helichrysum, peppermint, ginger, black pepper.

For Stress:  Rose otto, frankincense, clary sage, sweet orange, bergamot, grapefruit, ylang ylang, sandalwood, neroli, sweet marjoram, petitgrain, mandarin, lavender, rose geranium, tangerine, jasmine.

For Sleep:  Lavender, neroli, jasmine, marjoram, Roman chamomile.

For Sense of Well-Being:  Frankincense, lavender, rose, mandarin, neroli, helichrysum.

For Headaches:  Lavender, peppermint, marjoram, Roman chamomile.

For Circulation:  Rosemary, ginger, black pepper, peppermint, lemongrass, rose geranium.

Early research shows more possible benefits for essential oils in these areas:

For Antioxidant Properties:  Lavender.

For Anticancer Properties: Lemongrass, thyme.

For Anti-inflammatory Properties: Myrrh, frankincense.

For Nausea: Peppermint, spearmint.

For  Hormone Regulation: Thyme, coconut.

For Brain Function and Nerve: Coconut.

Stay up to date in our Pinterest Community.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 2 / 5. Vote count: 4

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

1. Brenda says:

It’s nice to see this article about the use of essential oils with PF. I’ve been using many of the EOs listed in this article with great success for over 3 years. I was diagnosed with IPF in 2013 and I have had no progression since then. I am fortunate and my essential oils are just that, essential for me. Thank you for stepping out and acknowledging their usefulness. Yes, I am a believer and so is my family.

• Yanelli says:

Did you were diagnosticed with pulmonary fibrosis? Can you share with me what essential oils have you tried please? My mother was diagnosticed too.

• Brenda says:

I am so sorry I didn’t see your question until now. Yes, I have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. I use many of the doTERRA Essential oils and other products. You can see my website below & send me an email through it if you want to talk more about them.

• Brenda says:

Hi Nicola. I use many of the doTERRA Essential oils and other products. Please send me a message through my website if you would like to talk. I would be happy to share what I do.

• Brenda says:

Hi Jasmine,

• Karen nelson says:

Brenda, I also use Doterra oils. What do you use to help ease the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis? Do you have a diffuser and a roller ball blend? Do you use any of the symphony of the cells protocol? I am looking to also ease the coughing.

• Brenda Sisk says:

Hi Karen,
            I use Breathe mostly in my diffuser, but also On Guard. Supplementation is very important and our foundation for overall good health so I take the LLVs and zendocrine detox complex along with the zendocrine blend. SoC protocols for respiratory is a plus for sure. The key is consistency and make sure you practice safe EO protocols. Feel free to reach out to me through my website and we can chat offline if you want.

• Debbie says:

Brenda, I am so glad you have found some good results! I would love to know what you are doing as my cousin has been recently diagnosed. Thank you for any help you can offer!

• Luisa says:

My mom was diagnosed with IPF can you tell me which essential oils are you using? Times a day etc?

Did anybody get an answer?

• Diane Foley says:

Brenda, what is your website please? My brother was just diagnosed with Idiopathic lung disease. I truly believe in the power of EO’s and hope to be able to help him. Thank you!

• Steven Dragoo says:

Brenda – I was recently diagnosed w ILD and am interested in your success w essential oils. Which work best for you? I am looking at several but want to be cautious w combinations in a vapor. stevend703ATgmailDOTcom. Thank you

• MANJ says:

Hello good day Brenda, saw your article on PF regards to the EO’s you’re using can you please please tell me which ones did you use in your therapy, as my sister in law has been diagnose with PF and she’s suffers quite a bit. I sincerely thank you for your valuable time & help. God bless Kind regards
      Miss Bhogal

• Dolly says:

Brenda, I’ve just been diagnosed with IPF. I’m 70 years old and I also have cirrhosis, diagnoses 2 years ago ( I’ve never drank or smoked or taken any drugs). In fact I won’t even take a Tylenol. Doctors seem to think it came from the chemicals I used as a hairdresser.
      Anyways, I’ve never used essential oils much in my life. If you would, please give me in detail what oils to use and how. Thank you so much.

• Kim says:

Hello, my uncle has ipf and we are wondering what you used to help your situation out? Any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated

• Martha Cuilty says:

Brenda, I jest start using them i jest have the bad news about PF.2 months ago, i don’t want to use any drugs.I want to try some herbs any suggestions? Thank you

2. Cindy says:

Brenda, I am so glad to hear that essential oils have helped you with your IPF. I too, would love to know which oils you used for your regime. My father was just diagnosed with IPF, and now has traces of pneumonia and may have to be put in the hospital. I’m desperate to find something natural that will help him rather than just the pharmaceutical approach. Thank you so much!! I pray that your condition stays the same, thanks to essential oils. They truly are amazing!!

• Brenda says:

Gosh Cindy, I’m so sorry I’m not seeing your comment until now. Please send me a message through my website if you would like to talk more. I’d be happy to share what I’ve been doing.

• Tricia says:

Hi Brenda,
        My Husband was just diagnosed with IPF with some honeycombing. I would greatly appreciate if You would please send me oil combos to help him. Much Appreciated.

3. Shannon says:

Hi my name is Shannon I am 44 and I was diagnosis with Interstistual lung disease three years ago due to chemical exposure at my work. I have started using essential oils and have been using them now for the past 5 weeks, since I started I have felt increasingly better every morning. I run my diffuser all night while I sleep next to me. For my lung disease I use lavender, lemon, eucalyptus & peppermint oils – I put 2-3 drops in my diffuser each night of each oil. It has honestly made a difference in my quality of life…

4. Cheryl Martin says:

Hi there… I came across your comment here & would love to know the oils you use to help your PF. I have seen in numerous comments that you said to go to your website, but I’m not sure what your website address is. Thanks so much!!

• Debra says:

Hello Cheryl,
      I have been researching essential oil recommendations for a friend who was just diagnosed with IPF and found this site. My husband and I have used essential oils for 4 years with drastic changes in our health and wellness. So much so, that friends and neighbors, church families and medical professionals have asked for our recommendations. I see Brenda has not been actively answering questions about doTERRA essential oils which are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils. doTERRA is the world leader in essential oils. Three medical clinics staffed with medical doctors use doTERRA with or instead of prescriptions. Johns Hopkins stated they will only research doTERRA. Hopsitals have incorporated doTERRA into their pain protocols. A BC/BS flexible spending account now lists doTERRA in their coverage. I am glad to help anyone with questions sent to my email. The web link provides research data on the products.

5. Tammy says:

my mom is diagnosed with IPF and liver cirrhosis- it’s been two years and her breathing is getting worse- love to hear more about essential oils- thank you!

6. Paula Green says:

Hello
    Could you please share what oils are best for IPF. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. At the moment I’m seeing a Chinese Dr and have had some success with plant based herbs acupuncture and cupping, I would be interested to hear of the oil remedies.

• Debra says:

Hello Paula,
      I have been researching and found essential oil recommendations for a friend who was just diagnosed with IPF and found this site. My husband and I have used essential oils for 4 years with drastic changes in our health and wellness. So much so, that friends and neighbors, church families and medical professionals have asked for our recommendations. I see Brenda has not been actively answering questions about doTERRA essential oils which are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils. doTERRA is the world leader in essential oils. Three medical clinics staffed with medical doctors use doTERRA with or instead of prescriptions. Johns Hopkins stated they will only research doTERRA. Hopsitals have incorporated doTERRA into their pain protocols. A BC/BS flexible spending account now lists doTERRA in their coverage. I am glad to help provide specific individualized information to anyone with questions sent to my email. The web link provides research data on the products.

7. Tawny says:

My husband was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis a year ago. I am a Doterra wellness advocate. I searched and searched and used a few different combinations of oils. We finally got a appointment last week with a lung specialist. Not saying anything about using essential oils on him, the specialist said that she actually seen a little improvement from one CT scan to the latest one. We will keep doing what we are doing and see if there is even more of an improvement in February when we go back to see her. He is applying Doterra rosemary oil with eucalyptus and fco to his chest 3 times a day and in the defuser every night. I am very optimistic. If there is even more improvement in February, I will be definitely telling the specialist what we have been doing.

• Debra says:

Hello Tawny,
      As a doTERRA oil home, we are so glad to read of your success. Are you near a Prime Meridian clinic? The research is so exciting to read on all of the respiratory system supporting doTERRA products! I am praying for relief and healing.

• Debra says:

Hello Karen,

• Debra says:

Hello Jane,
      The doTERRA site is comprehensive. It gives information on how to use the products, what is contained in the products, the test results for each product purchased, the research published on the products, purity/efficacy/potency of the oils, history of the company, assistance the company gives to the third world communities providing the oils, fair trade, DIY ideas and so much more. Many people are familiar with essential oils and after researching and talking with doTERRA users want to know how to get them. doTERRA found it more advantageous for end users to have a person who is education with resources to assist them with and after purchasing to best meet their needs and goals. That is not possible when on a Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s shelf. I hope this has been helpful.

• Debra says:

Hello Cecilia,

8. Debbie says:

Hi!
    I have IPF and would like to know what combination of oils I can use. Would like to have something I can roll on instead of defuser because I have a dog and not sure how it would affect her.
    Thank you!

• Debra says:

Hello Debbie,
      I am glad to help you with recommendations to roll on and to give information about pets and diffusing.

9. Tejas Joshi says:

Hi,
    i am diagnose with lungs fibrosis in 2013 At that time my lungs working capacity was 45% but its progressive and now my lings working capacity is 27%. So do you recommend me any oil for it. can it help me in my problem ?

10. Brenda says:

My apologies to everyone who has asked for what I do here and have not received a response. This has all gotten to be very overwhelming for me. I’m sorry, but I assure you all, I am real, I do have IPF, I use dōTERRA essential oils. For some reason I’m not receiving notifications from this original post. Thank you JJ for putting my website out there again. I see there are others who have commented who are using essential oils, so I hope if you need help or answers you reach out to them as well. I’m not in a good place right now, so again, please accept my deepest apologies. I wish you all well and pray you get the assistance you need.

11. Rosamaria Dauzat says:

Rosamaria want to ask you. Where is your Website? I was diagnosed 2 years ago, already with oxygen therapy. I’m desperate. Can’t find anything to help with my constantly and stubborn cough.