Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PF 30 Days of PF: Taking My Time to Reveal My Diagnosis

• 30 Days of PF: Taking My Time to Reveal My Diagnosis

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on September 24, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Both Jofac O’Handlin and his wife suffered a bout of pneumonia in February 2013. When it came to recovery, Susan, his wife, came out of it much sooner than Jofac.

Prior to that, he was a fairly fit 71-year-old runner. But after pneumonia, he began to struggle. In August 2013, he was diagnosed with IPF. The doctor was not really helpful, and it was not until Jofac looked online that he understood the seriouness of this disease. He made the decision NOT to tell his family whilst symptoms were minimal.

He only told them in July 2019, following a holiday in the Yorkshire Dales. They had been given the benefit of six years of blissful ignorance.

In five months, Jofac hopes to make it to 80. Until then, he intends to carry on with his walks.

Jofac we salute you!

Jofac’s story makes me think about personal boundaries. While most people expect us to share everything with them, keeping some things to ourselves can be a form of self-preservation. Do you agree, PF Community?

Jofac’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPF stories. We still have some amazing stories in the coming days.

Read Jofac’s whole story here -> https://www.instagram.com/p/CUNaYJdqfy2/

jessie-madrigal-fletcher replied 2 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.