• Ellen

January 31, 2024 at 2:31 pm

My pulmonologist has found that women do not tolerate the 150 x 2 dosage. All of her female patients are on 100 x 2 dosage. She has also told me if I need to take a few days vacation from Ofev it is fine. I started with 100×1 for about 3 months then gradually add one tablet back. I now take 100 x 2 for 3 days per week and only 100 x 1 for the rest of the week with no side effects. I am gradually adding in 1 tablet unless I get side effects and then back off that additional pill. Also always take some type of protein with your pill. Best of luck!

• Terri

February 1, 2024 at 2:30 pm

After a particularly bad episode recently with diarrhea (almost had an accident at the dentist’s office), my doctor is reducing my dosage from 150 to 100 twice a day, thank goodness. I find if I take the tablets less than 12 hours apart, my body reacts badly. I have to keep a handle on the time and make sure I take it when I’m supposed to and with protein. And that is often challenging considering my work schedule, appointments, social activities, etc.

• Carol

February 1, 2024 at 6:04 pm

I have been taking OFEV since 2021. It caused stomach cramps and diarrhea despite taking Imodium daily. My dr would tell me it was ok to take a break from it if I felt it necessary. I recently stopped taking it while I am receiving chemo for lung cancer. I will start it again once the cancer is (hopefully) under control.

• Glenn Fredericks

February 2, 2024 at 3:58 pm

I’ve been on OFEV 150s since 2020, with the standard side-effects, sometimes more, sometimes less, but always there. For me, it has helped to have brief interruptions, go off OFEV for 3 days. This gives me relief for much longer than the 3 days, about a week, allowing quite a bit of strength to return. I’m doing this about 6 times a year, so every other month. Asked my Dr about going to 100s; he much prefers these brief interruptions as it gives me more medicine overall. The other tips people are mentioning help too; lots of small meals, protein, Imodium immediately with symptoms, etc. Good luck everyone!

Page 2 of 2