Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Activities to Help PF Patients with Self-Care

• Activities to Help PF Patients with Self-Care

Posted by Charlene Marshall on May 27, 2020 at 8:45 pm

We talk a lot about the importance of self care on our forums, so I apologize for writing about it again. However, I am feeling quite drained, more emotionally than physically, the last few days and I am re-evaluating how much time I am putting into my self care needs right now. I think it needs to be a little more, and as a result I revisiting a column I wrote in February 2019 called Practicing Self-care Doesn’t Mean You’re Being Selfish.

While I want nothing more than to be involved in any project that might eradicate this horrible disease for all of us, I am finding it important to put up some boundaries right now and find some balance. I am also evaluating what will replenish my energy levels the fastest, as they’re being drained pretty rapidly these days. Replenishing my energy is what self-care projects help me with, so I’ve spent some time reading other columnist’s pieces on self-care to give me some ideas. If you’re struggling with this, I’d highly recommend reading a few of these columns:

Caregivers Need Care, Too.

Self-care Tips for PF Patients

Practicing Self-care is Crucial During Medical Testing 

When you’re in need of self-care, what are some projects/activities/things you turn to?

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.