• ALT levels

Posted by Suzy42 on August 10, 2020 at 8:21 am

I have just heard  from my hospital that i have to stoo taki g Ofev for 2 weeks as my ALT levels have gone from 24 to 97. After 2 weeks another blood test, then if all good they will start me on lower dose of ofev and see how i go. Is there anyway i can get these levels down. Only been taking them for 4 weeks ?

Mark Koziol replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mark Koziol

August 10, 2020 at 8:42 am

Hello Suzy, there are suggestions you can research but maybe your doctor has a suggestion for you if he’s had experience with Ofev patients having high liver enzymes. Hopefully him/her reducing your meds and bringing it back at a lower dosage will not be such a shock to your system. I have been going through this with my transplant meds. I find in periods where I eat healthy my liver enzymes will be close to normal or even normal. Everyone is is different though. Your liver acts as a cleanser to your metabolic system. What goes in your body is processed by the liver and sometimes we have toxic or unhealthy items going in which causes the enzymes to rise. Hopefully this gets resolved, Mark.