Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Treatments and Science Clinical Trials An Encouraging Trial – in Mice

• An Encouraging Trial – in Mice

Posted by Steve Dragoo on October 1, 2021 at 4:27 am

Because of its simplicity and effectiveness, I trust this will move forward rapidly in human clinical trials but that means still years away for USA anyway.

“Local delivery of BMP has been approved for clinical indications such as spinal fusion, but we were surprised and impressed that inhalation of recombinant BMP was able to effectively penetrate through the respiratory tract to instruct proper stem cell regeneration deep in the lung,” Peng said. “This demonstrates a potentially novel therapeutic route that appears to maximize treatment efficacy while lowering the toxicity profile for other organs that would be seen with an injectable or oral medication. This also presents a new therapeutic paradigm for lung fibrosis, where the goal is not just to stop the scarring, but also to stimulate native stem cells toward a regenerative program to restore healthy lung.”…

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/10/418766/inhalable-treatment-enhances-regeneration-lung-fibrosis-model?fbclid=IwAR1c3YIqAOcShpgZn-mGiZwRtq10RyPzny2I3iCjO0qZx9YC-cjzhaP9LVE

Stay well,

Steve

Steve Dragoo replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • george-poulsen

May 16, 2022 at 3:32 pm

Steve, I started a reply in more detail, but I have more recently become quite interested in the Baraertib trials and their progress with mice due to my own development of IPF. In October of 2020 there was a published white paper on success to date and thoughts were that in a few years the human trials might progress since this is already an approved drug for Leukemia and is a collateral research for IPF. This is now a “few years later”.The publication was August 8, 2020, in the Journal EMBO Molecular Medicine. Co-responding authors were Rajesh Kasam, PH.D and Anil Goud Jegga, DVM.

I have emailed the Cinncinati Childrens Hospital where the research team is apparently located, but have had no reply to-date.

I’d really like to find a way to get on a news release or publication for that team to stay current, so anyone that might have that contributions regarding Barasertib progress would really help my own progress and expectations as well. So far a lot has been said on this drug and it makes for extremely interesting reading as you track it. Could be fun to stick around long enough to see it.

• Steve Dragoo

May 19, 2022 at 9:08 pm

@ghpoulsen

Hi George – most trials I have seen have news you can register for and if you request to be a standby that may get you more insight.

Stay well…
      Steve

• Charles

May 24, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Steve and George, i don’t have much longer to go, so i would try it today if had the chance. Nothing to lose! Not to mention that my ex wife always said that i was a rat, so it definitely fits me. So if either of you hear back from anyone, put a good word in for me.
    Chuck Gerson

• Steve Dragoo

May 25, 2022 at 2:58 am

@chukegee

I’m not far behind ya brother…

Steve