• Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 18, 2023 at 6:00 pm

Exercise is a popular topic for patients living with PF and other lung diseases. While continuing to exercise is paramount to our health, it can become challenging as our disease worsens. That said, one exercise that I and many IPF friends continue to find beneficial is swimming.

I’ve always enjoyed being in and around water since I was little, so I’m grateful swimming continues to be an activity I can enjoy. That said, I recently went to a spa and struggled with the smell of the chlorine. It seemed to stick to my skin and swimsuit more than ever before, or I noticed it more, and it triggered shortness of breath and a cough for several hours after I got home. This even persisted after I got home and showered to remove the chlorine. I don’t know if this is a sign of my scent sensitivity increasing or my lungs worsening.

Is anyone else bothered by the smell of chlorine since their diagnosis of IPF? If so, was it like this from the beginning or did it worsen as your disease progressed? Please share.

replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.