Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Dental Issues with OFEV use

• Dental Issues with OFEV use

Posted by Carol Rubin on July 31, 2021 at 7:59 pm

I have seen some posts about dental pain but none about my problem, which is shifting of my teeth. I was wondering if the dental pain people are suffering might be due to shifting of their teeth that they are unaware of. If your teeth are close together, the shifting could definitely cause pain. In my case, my teeth are spaced so the movement didn’t cause any pain. I do, however, require aligners to get them back to where they belong! Any feedback would be welcome. Carol

Carol Rubin replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Libby

August 3, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Hi Carol.  I have not heard of Ofev being related to shifting teeth.  But my experience over the past 15 years (way before IPF and Ofev)  has been that my back molars occasionally move back and then they realign, probably because the wisdom teeth were removed years ago so there is nothing to block the movement.  I have recently had an issue with the back lower molar shifting so much that food got trapped there all the time, so I will probably need to have that crown replaced and get a larger one that fits the space better.  Anyway, my dentist said that teeth shift with age and hopefully your situation is due to natural causes rather than a more worrisome Ofev side effect!

• Carol Rubin

August 3, 2021 at 5:31 pm

@travelingnana

Hi Libby! Thanks so much for your post sharing your personal experiences with teeth movement. While there is nothing in the literature about teeth shifting due to Ofev, the rapid change in my mouth certainly seemed to correspond with my starting the anti fibrotic. But then again I am getting old!! Fondly, Carol