Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ Dupuytren’s and Raynauds with IPF

• Dupuytren’s and Raynauds with IPF

Posted by Michele on August 16, 2021 at 2:33 pm

I have developed Dupuytren’s and Raynauds over the last 6 months. Sometimes I have aches in my fingers and palms and in my index finger shooting pain and numbness. (I know that sounds impossible but it happens) I was just wondering if anyone else has issues with their hands.

Michele replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rose Beck

August 17, 2021 at 7:17 pm

I have had Reynauds for many years now diagnosed with IPF. I am beginning to have cramps in my fingers.

• Fay

August 20, 2021 at 12:33 am

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Polymyositis and Pulmonary Fibrosis here. Raynaud’s symptoms as well  – White tips at end of fingers, tingling and sometimes sore. I hold my hands in very warm water.</p>
    Fay

• Michele

August 20, 2021 at 5:16 am

So we are not alone! I am due to see a Rheumatologist soon to look at this concern. I will let you know what I learn. For now I take anti inflammatory meds because the pain, difficulty and loss of my finger functions were making me feel a little desperate.

Michele

• Rose Beck

August 20, 2021 at 6:36 pm

I will be watching for your reply. Thank you

• Michele

September 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

<p style=”text-align: left;”>After a long wait to see the Rheumatologist I cannot report any specific findings. Today was the day! At this time the doctor said that their is no, or not sufficient evidence to suggest scleroderma. Which is great news!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>But I am left with the questions of what my tendons in my hands are doing and planning to do?</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>They are still troubling me and the advice is wait and see. Hmm.</p>

I live in South Africa so Spring is arriving and I hope that the warmer weather will also provide some relief for my hands, because they really do not like the cold!

Sorry I could not add value to this post other than – ‘wait and see.’