Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hello PF Forum From Beautiful BC!

• Hello PF Forum From Beautiful BC!

Posted by Charlene Marshall on April 22, 2018 at 12:52 am

To all the amazing PF warriors and caregivers on this page: you inspire me!

I am currently on vacation in beautiful British Columbia, Canada so I have not been online as much as normal. That said, I have planned responses coming for you all when I return home on Monday night so keep the wonderful conversations going. Thank you for being so kind and supportive of one another.

I have been pushing my body significantly while on this trip, but how rejuvenated my heart and mind is trumps the physical pain of my aching muscles and joints. I have thought about the wonderful people on this forum who fight this disease alongside me, and many of your stories have inspired me to want to try many new and adventurous things that have fed my soul while here. Sometimes I worry about how my lungs will fare, and I’m not sure I should (for example, I walked across the entire Capilano suspension bridge with my oxygen in tow) but I am so glad that I did. I am doing these things for many of you whom I know no longer can due to this cruel disease, and because many of you have inspired, encouraged and cheered me on in taking a risk and coming to our beautiful west coast. Thank you!

And for that, I am sending you all a big hello from the beautiful beach in White Rock, BC. As I stood here looking out at the ocean just after the sun set tonight, I felt energized and ready to continue on this fight with my disease upon returning home. Thinking of you all and sending much love from the western coast of Canada.

Stay strong!
    Charlene.

Charlene Marshall replied 6 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gil

April 24, 2018 at 8:59 am

Charlene,

So good to hear you are doing so well, don’t forget the photos!

gil

• Charlene Marshall

April 24, 2018 at 9:14 am

Hi Gil,

Thanks so much for reminding me 🙂

I spent some time taking photos for you of the mountains, and guess what I saw on the flight over to BC? The northern lights! Remember how I said I’d always wanted to see them? Now I have and that is off my bucket list. The photos didn’t turn out as it was from inside the plane, but I’ll email you some of the photos from my trip as soon as I can… I owe you a response to your kind e-mail about the events that happened in Toronto yesterday. It is heartbreaking to think this took place in our city.

Chat with you soon!
      Charlene