Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Healthcare Questions Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Pulmonary Fibrosis Monies Available for Persons Suffering with a Rare Disease Amid COVID-19

• Monies Available for Persons Suffering with a Rare Disease Amid COVID-19

Posted by Mark Koziol on April 28, 2020 at 6:00 pm

It was brought to my attention yesterday by the forum’s director of BioNews that there are funds available for persons who are having trouble meeting their financial needs during this difficult time. A news article titled; “NORD Opens COVID-19 Financial Aid Program for Rare Disease Community” was published on Pulmonary Fibrosis News by Mary Chapman. The news article was published on April 23 and details the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and their desire to offer “financial assistance for people in the rare disease community who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S.” The details are provided in the news article. Please take advantage of this opportunity if you are having financial difficulties. This pandemic has affected millions of people and has temporarily destroyed our economy. The maximum amount given is $1000. 

Please take advantage of this offering if you qualify.

Mark Koziol replied 3 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Dianne Jones

April 30, 2020 at 9:16 am

Good morning.  When I read about funding for patients through NORD.  I called and spoke with someone and I gave her my details and how expenses have increased due to COVID-19.  She explained that she was only taking information and that someone else would be getting back to me.  I realized that there are many that qualify, therefore I did not get overly concerned when someone did not get back to me in a timely manner.  I have not heard back.  I exoplained that I have to pay for delivery and someone to come into my home to help.  I am on oxygen and many household duties I am not able to preform without help.  Please advise what direction or my next step to get help.  Thank you and blessings.

Marcia J.

• Mark Koziol

April 30, 2020 at 1:20 pm

Hello Diane, I am not familiar with the application process. I would wait another day then call and also email a contact person. At least when you email you have running documentation of your attempted contacts that are concrete. I am sorry you experiencing problems but like you stated there probably is an abundance of applicants and this may take a little time. I do hope you are successful in obtaining the funds. Keep me up to date how this is going. Mark