• National Pulmonary Rehab Week

Posted by Mark Koziol on March 10, 2020 at 7:00 pm

This week is National Pulmonary Rehab Week. I hope all of us affected by pulmonary fibrosis (PF) are continuing our exercise regimen at your respective facility or at home. I know with the recent news of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading, some forum members would be apprehensive to exercise in a public facility and would be more comfortable at home.  However, it is important to maintain your regimen whenever possible, because according to the American Lung Association; pulmonary rehab programs “are designed to improve lung function, reduce symptom severity and improve quality of life.”

In my own experience I have benefited greatly from participating in all 3 phases of pulmonary rehab. I will continue to go to pulmonary rehab phase III but am unsure if I will return to the gym to perform my weight lifting exercises. My basement has enough exercise equipment if I need to have an extended time at home. The uncertainty of COVID-19 wreaking havoc in my immediate area will have a say on where I will engage in my exercise routine. I would rather workout in a gym or the pulmonary rehab center but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Many of our pulmonary rehabilitation professionals often do not get recognized as they should. This would be a perfect week to tell your pulmonary rehab team how much you appreciate them. A simple thank you or a nice card goes a long way in brightening someone’s day. What I think would really demonstrate appreciation is giving a little more effort in your exercises. This not only benefits you but shows appreciation for your pulmonary rehab team’s instruction and commitment as well.

Because of our current health situation, do you plan to participate in pulmonary rehab at your designated facility or will you be engaging in exercise activities at home?  

Mark Koziol replied 4 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.