• Stephen B. Strum, MD

March 27, 2023 at 7:36 pm

I looked at the info you provided per URL. It is oriented towards a stock investment rather than presenting anything scientific.  I could not find any literature on tranilast or Nuformix and clinicaltrials.gov came up with nothing.

However, in searching idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) on clinicaltrials.gov I was shocked to see 473 trials listed for IPF.  I am only one person.  Despite being an MD and a cancer researcher, such a task to investigate that many trials is beyond my ability.

I wonder how many patients and/or professionals looking for answers to IPF are willing to work in concert via this outstanding website (pulmonaryfibrosisnews) to find those trials that look the most promising.

• DJ

March 28, 2023 at 8:19 am

Thank you. I too have found so many studies, but they seem to go no where. I can’t believe it’s only Ofev and Esbriet. Do you know anything about proteolytic enzymes? Serrapeptase has helped some people, but it seems that a small percentage get violently ill from it. When researching the other proteolytic enzymes, they are also said to break down scarring, so I’m wondering why Serrapeptase is the one everyone talks about. At this point I’m thinking way outside the box. I’m even going to have my dad try earthing, since they have studies that show it relieves inflammation.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

• Donna

March 29, 2023 at 11:47 am

I asked my Dr. I felt foolish after I got his response he said it is still going thru trials with annimal  studies and there are other meds much further along on trials and looking better.

May least I got a response. I don’t know if he will ever put me in a trial.

• DJ

March 29, 2023 at 5:17 pm

How can there be so many drugs still in trial phase that go to nothing? They make them all sound so promising, but then nothing comes of it.