Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts NY State Using Varacyte’s Envisia Classifier to Improve IPF Diagnosis.

• NY State Using Varacyte’s Envisia Classifier to Improve IPF Diagnosis.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on June 6, 2019 at 10:28 pm

I’ve been told on multiple occasions that diagnosing idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is difficult for physicians, even for those who specialize in pulmonary diseases. Additionally, getting an accurate IPF diagnosis includes subjecting patients to a plethora of medical testing. How long did it take for you to receive an accurate diagnosis of IPF/PF? 

I started being symptomatic of a lung condition in early 2015 and wasn’t diagnosed of April 2016; a timeline consistent for diagnosing IPF from what I’ve heard. In our latest flash briefing, Director of Multichannel Content discusses how the state of New York has authorized the use of Varacyte’s Envisia Classifier to improve IPF diagnosis’. To listen to the full briefing, click HERE. This will reportedly help physicians make an accurate diagnosis, without the need for a VATS procedure or lung biopsy. Wouldn’t it be great to have less invasive diagnostic tool to help doctors accurately diagnose IPF.

A recent study released by the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation shared that about half of IPF and other interstitial lung disease (ILD) patients reported being misdiagnosed at least once. Another study says that the average length of time to be diagnosed with IPF is 3+ years. Many IPF patients know the importance of a timely and accurate diagnosis, which Envisia will help with; encouraging faster antifibrotic therapies to help slow down the progression of this disease.

Had you heard of Varacyte’s Envisia Classifer before?

What are your thoughts on prioritizing faster and more accurate diagnosis of IPF and ILDs?

replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.