Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Navigating Society Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness & Advocacy Pulmonary Fibrosis Association: Providing 02 To Patients In Need

• Pulmonary Fibrosis Association: Providing 02 To Patients In Need

Posted by Charlene Marshall on November 13, 2019 at 3:24 pm

As many of you know, I spent last weekend in San Antonio Texas attending the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) Summit 2019. Stay tuned for a column that will be published in the next few days about the main takeaway’s from that event for me. In addition to that, I hope to share with you various resources that I learnt about while a the Summit and this first one is about the Pulmonary Fibrosis Association (PFA). The work they are doing has touched my heart deeply!

All of us are born oxygen dependent, so when a patient is diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis (PF) and needs supplemental oxygen, of course it should be provided to them, right? Unfortunately for many who are uninsured or under-insured in the US, this “luxury” is not something that is always obtainable. Hearing that people are out there and struggle to obtain oxygen due to a financial burden breaks my heart but sadly, I know it happens. It has even been a topic of discussion on our forums in the past.

“Do you know a Pulmonary Fibrosis Patient on supplemental oxygen that is uninsured or under-insured? The PFA may be able to help!”   … this is the tagline for this wonderful organization.

You can learn more about the PFA HERE, but one of their missions as outlined on the flyer I received at the Summit is to provide assistance primarily for obtaining prescribed supplemental oxygen and related medical equipment to under-insured, non-insured and acutely ‘in need’ PF patients, all over the US. 

How are they funded you might ask?

The PFA fundraises and depends solely on donations to maintain their mission. When speaking with a staff at the Summit, the main ways the PFA is able to do their work is through:

• Corporate donations: if you fundraise and your place of employment is willing to match donations, you can double your impact! This includes Facebook campaigns.

• Estate donations: sadly, many of us know the harsh realities of living with IPF/PF. If your loved one has benefitted from the PFA or if you want to make a donation that will directly impact other patients, consider making an estate or memorial donation to the PFA.

• Independent fundraising initiatives.

Had you heard of the PFA or ever used their services?

replied 4 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.