Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Lung Transplantation Pulmonary hypertension as the main reason for transplant

• Pulmonary hypertension as the main reason for transplant

Posted by jillgerber4gmail-com on February 6, 2022 at 8:06 pm

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Hi! I am wondering if anyone in this group who has received a transplant got one because their pulmonary hypertension got bad enough that their team said it was time to transplant, even though the lungs were not getting too awful? We’re looking at that as a possibility in the future for my husband… hopefully it’s a ways away, but it came up with his pulmonologist yesterday that his O2 requirements might stay steady (he’s at 2-3 at rest and 8-10 with activity), but his heart might get bad enough that he gets listed. Has this happened to anyone else? We’re wondering what it felt like to decline in that way, rather than due to the lungs declining. Thanks for your time!</span></p>

christie replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • christie

February 7, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jill @jillgerber4gmail-com , I believe I have seen members in this forum discuss transplant in regard to a PF and PH diagnosis, but I can’t remember who. You could use the search bar at the top right of the page to search for “PH” or “pulmonary hypertension” to see if there are threads already on this topic. Also, you might explore our Pulmonary Hypertension website. They also have forums over there, and columns from several people who have had successful transplants.