Reminder! Vaccine Routine for the Winter
Winter is coming! Living with pulmonary fibrosis means that we take extra precautions to protect our lung health. Many of us are also on medications that lower our immune system, so preventative care is one of the best ways we can get ready for cold and flu season.
Here are some questions to help you make sure your immune system has the best shot at keeping you healthy:
1. Are you up to date on your COVID-19 booster, or do you know when you are eligible for your next shot?
2. Have you received a bivalent booster shot for the common omicron variants that are more likely to breed the next COVID variant?
3. Are you eligible for COVID pre-exposure prophylaxis therapies like EvuSheld?
4. Have you gotten your flu shot?
5. Are you eligible for the pneumonia vaccine?
When in doubt, give your doctor or pharmacist a call and discuss your vaccine options. They’re happy to help with preventative care 🙂
Do you have other helpful questions?
Sorry, there were no replies found.
Log in to reply.