Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Sam’s Tips for Traveling with O2

• Sam’s Tips for Traveling with O2

Posted by Christie Patient on August 4, 2022 at 4:04 am

We often get questions in the forums about traveling with supplemental oxygen. There are a number of threads you can peruse to see what the community has had to say in the past, (try out the search bar in the top right of the page to see for yourself!).

Because it comes up so often, I wanted to share this column by Sam Kirton about traveling with supplemental oxygen. He gives some great tips on choosing an oxygen supplier that has nationwide locations, explains the general rules for planes, trains, and cruise ships, and also offers some guidance on taking a road trip with your own oxygen concentrator. He also provides links to some resources that could help you plan oxygen for your next trip. 

Hopefully, his column will help you all travel more confidently with oxygen this summer. Feel free to add your own tips in the comments 🙂

Sybiĺ Whimster replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sybiĺ Whimster

August 11, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Ijust bought a folding three wheeled walking aid for just that purpose. It has a bag attached to the front big enough to carry a 5litre tank and also serves as something to hang on to for unsteady walking. It is available in UK from a company called careco.com but lm sure will be available else where. I actually bought mine from Amazon for £36.