• Posted by wendy-dirks on March 17, 2020 at 8:02 am

Thank you for creating this forum. I hope that we can share information here as we get it from our health care teams. My husband and I are in self isolation at the moment, ordering groceries online. Because I am on ambulatory oxygen, I am wondering if I can switch to 24/7 oxygen myself if I find that I am ill and my oxygen sats are at dangerous levels when I am at rest.

We have had a cleaner for years now as housework has become more difficult for us but we have cancelled now that new are in self isolation. We are well at the moment, but trying to minimise contact with the outside world so that we remain that way. I think we will have to tackle house cleaning little by little.

And what is up with the toilet paper hoarding!!!

I am going to try and contact my GP today to find out about having prescriptions delivered. Stay safe everyone!

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • karen-martin

March 17, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Hey, Wendy. Smart move to limit your outside contact at this time. I recently read an article on the toilet paper hoarding. It said that in a time when things are out of control, people do what makes them feel in control, whether or not it makes any sense. I suppose when we think about other natural “disasters,” like flooding or hurricanes, basic needs such as paper products come to mind. That would make sense because nowhere have I read that the coronavirus causes diarrhea! Stay safe and healthy! Karen

• Charlene Marshall

March 19, 2020 at 9:05 pm

No problem Wendy! We totally recognize this is a really tough time for a lot of people, especially those of us with compromised lungs as this virus is mainly respiratory based. I’m glad this platform can serve as a place for all of us to connect. Continue to self-isolate and stay safe amidst these crazy times!!
    Charlene.