Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: Young Adults Tips for Helping Settle Your Mind with Pulmonary Fibrosis.

• Tips for Helping Settle Your Mind with Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 13, 2018 at 1:23 pm

In a few forum posts recently, I’ve alluded to some personal stressors going on in my life with  a member of my family. As much as I want to help that person, it is difficult when I become easily overwhelmed with my own medical needs and trying to manage appointments, medications, side effects and chronic fatigue on top of a full-time job. I know this experience isn’t just unique to me, and that many of you also have stressors you face on a daily basis.

When I feel stressed about something, especially when there is nothing I can do to “fix” the problem, the first thing that I lose is my ability to sleep. Unfortunately for the last few nights I have turned to taking my medication from the Rhuematologist to help me turn my mind off at night and settle into sleep. I’d prefer not to do this (and fall asleep naturally) but I can’t compromise by physical health either by being not sleeping.

As a result of my mind feeling so “full” the last few days, I reviewed a column I wrote in August on tips for helping to settle your mind with PF. It was published on the Pulmonary Fibrosis News homepage and was a good reminder for me of the things I can do in the moment to help calm my mind. If you’re interested, the full column along with many others I’ve written, can be found here.

Do you have any tips or tricks that you use to help calm your mind and ease stress since your IPF/PF diagnosis?

I’d love to hear from you!

replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.