• Top 5 Recommended Reads for Pulmonary Fibrosis

Posted by marta-ribeiro on November 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Pulmonary fibrosis is a progressive lung disease caused by scarred tissue in the lungs. The thickening of this tissue makes it difficult to transport oxygen from the lungs, resulting in shortness of breath. Below is a list of informative books about the disease, compiled with help from alibris and Friesen Press and personal experiences from people who have lived with it.

1. “Breathing Should Never Be Hard Work” by Robert Davidson 
    This true story is about one man’s fight against the disease, and how he didn’t let it stop him living his life. It’s an interesting read about someone’s real experience living with PF.

2. “Pulmonary Fibrosis” by Sem H. Phan
    This book is full of medical- and science-based information about the disease, studies into clinical practice and concepts on the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis.

3. “Basica and Clinical Aspects of Pulmonary Fibrosis” by Tamotsu Takishima
    Various experts contributed to this book to provide detailed information regarding studies and the development of new therapies for pulmonary fibrosis.

4. “Advances in Pulmonary Fibrosis” by John Simpson and Ann Millar 
    This book is a collection of informative papers about pulmonary fibrosis, which summarize the latest medical developments.

5. “Interstitial Lung Disease” by Marvin I Schwarz 
    This book includes a complete overview of interstitial lung diseases, along with thorough patient evaluations. There are helpful tables and figures to complement the information provided, focusing on the effects of the diseases on both adults and children.

Have you read any of these books? Do you know any other to add to this list? Share them below!

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • megan-zetter

December 4, 2018 at 9:56 am

Thank you for this list of books!!!

• Charlene Marshall

December 4, 2018 at 9:59 pm

I agree with you Megan, this is a really helpful list and I am grateful that Marta posted it as well! Have you read any of these, or any you intend on reading first? Curious to hear more about why that might be 🙂

Cheers,
    Charlene.