Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Welcome New Members! Ice Breaker Thread

• Welcome New Members! Ice Breaker Thread

Posted by Christie Patient on March 9, 2022 at 12:30 am

This weekend I attended the first class in a month-long virtual writing workshop. It’s been a looong time since I’ve had first day of school jitters, but the teacher had us do a few really cool ice breaker exercises that were so much better than “two truths and a lie”, or “tell me something interesting about yourself”… yuck. Since I actually enjoyed this exercise, and we have a TON of new members here in the PF forums, I figured I’d start a thread here to get to know each other a little better outside of our rare disease identities. If you want to just say hello, this is who I am without doing either of the exercises below, please feel free! I’m excited to read whatever you care to share about yourself.

Exercise one: Tell me something that brings great joy to your life longterm/big picture (my curiosity, watching my children grow up, etc.). Tell me something that brings great joy to you right now, today (this perfect cup of coffee, reading a chapter of a good book, etc.)

Exercise two: write a short bio about yourself that is full of things you’d never put on a resume. It could just be a list, a series of contradictions, reflections on how you feel about who you are, or the things you love to do. This one is more involved, but it’s fun if you feel like getting a little creative. 🙂

Christie Patient replied 2 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.