Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joy Lenters
      Participant

Hi, there all of you.  I am on OFEV 150mg 2x/day.  My daily regimen prior to this included 2 tsp. heaping of Metamucil, so I continued that and now take it and a banana before I take OFEV.   An hour later I have breakfast of a protein bar.  It helps stop the diarrhea, but I do need to use the bathroom 4-5 times a day.  No more solid poop first thing in the morning!

I have pushed back my OFEV taking in the morning if I can’t ensure that I have food in my stomach first.  I have taken OFEV at 11am and at 7pm if I had to.

Best,

Joy Lenters

John Kane
      Participant

Joy, I have been on Ofev for just about two years now. I always eat before I take the pill, oatmeal with nuts and fruit or toast and eggs in the morning. I find that overall the oatmeal works best. For the evening pill I make a peanut butter sandwich or Greek yogurt and nuts and fruit. I take my pills at 9am and 9 pm ish. A lot of the GI issues stopped when I stopped coffee. Hope this helps.

Rosanne Smith
      Participant

I have recently started OFEV( about 3 months ago ) and I found that small meals 3 or 4 times a day helps with the cramps.I have also stopped coffee as well and that seems to help. When the cramping is severe I have frequent bout of diarrhea 5 time s in a row, and then the next day I don’t go to the bathroom at all except to pee. Definitely no pattern at all.

David Reno
      Participant

I started OFEV 1502x a day, that did not work foe Me. Now 1 a day, every other day I take 2. I also take Pepto to help with the bathroom and cramps.

ONRE

Bob H
      Participant

I’ve been on Ofev 2x/day for about two months: 7:30 or so am and pm. For the morning pill I eat a banana, take the pill with water then drink an 11 oz commercial protein shake. It’s been easy, convenient and it’s worked well. But this morning I carefully read the fine print on the back. I stopped reading after finding carrageen, sucralose and several other things I can’t pronounce. It’s not for me any more, at not daily for the rest of my life. What now?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account