EGCG Research Providing Hope for IPF Patients

• jerry-genesio

June 25, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Mark – I just sent Charlene a note informing her I was considering discontinuing EGCG because of my continuing unexplained weight loss, but the article you referred to in the PFNews gives me second thoughts. I’d be interested in any comment(s) you might offer.

• mark-koziol

June 26, 2020 at 5:47 am

Hello Jerry, thank you for commenting. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with maintaining your weight. I have not heard anything about the supplement unless it comes from a forum member. I will continue to search for other research conclusions and will share with forum. Your input regarding your unfortunate side effect is valuable to other forum members.  Maintaining a healthy weight is crucial to a pf patients quality of life. Take care, mark.

• steve-dragoo

June 26, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Thanks, Mark for the short but accurate summary of EGCG. Started a low dose a few weeks ago and am increasing it to suggested recommendations. Also, have 1 strong green tea in the afternoon – seems to help. – Steve

• mark-koziol

June 26, 2020 at 8:54 pm

Hello Steve, thank you for commenting. I hope you see improvement in lung function or at the least remain stable. Take care, Mark.