• Thom posted an update 6 months, 3 weeks ago

    @charlene-marshall

    Hello Charlene thank you for the reply. Yes the doctor at Yale University is a pulmonologist, she practices at Yale, NYU, and the VA hospital in New Haven. When I initially went to Yale I was seen by several doctors. So I’m sure the decision was not hers alone. When I was told to find a local pulmonologist at the conclusion of all his testing he felt that ofev should be held off at least for another month. I seem to get the impression that he felt the doctor at Yale recommended ofev because I am fair-skinned. I will be going back next week that will be one of the first questions I will ask. I will let you know. Thank you

    • Hi @Thom, thanks so much for getting back to me and I hope you’ve had an ice weekend!
      It does sound like the Pulmonologists decision to put you on Ofev was a very educated one, especially if she consulted other physicians. I definitely would press for more information from the local doctor who says he/she doesn’t want you on Ofev. Might Esbriet be an option if the doctor has particular concerns about how you would tolerate Ofev? Really good questions to ask and please do let us know their thoughts. I am always curious about different doctors approaches when it comes to the anti-fibrotic meds.
      Take care,
      Charlene.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account