Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ Added Costs of a Chronic Illness & Retirement

• Added Costs of a Chronic Illness & Retirement

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 8, 2021 at 5:58 pm

[caption id="attachment_29158" align="alignnone" width="2184"] Back in January of 2018, I wrote a column on homeownership and the added financial burden of living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). I am sure many of my fellow patients can relate to the stress and anxiety associated with our lung disease debilitating us to the point of no longer being able to work or financially support our family. I know many patients diagnosed with IPF are older and may already be retired or financially stable, but nevertheless; financial stress and pressure is often made worse by the burden of this disease. [/caption]

Recently, a fellow columnist for PF News Ann Reynoso wrote a column on retirement and how she and her husband are planning for it, despite the anxieties that come with the financial stress of this disease. I wanted to share her column with you, which is called Planning For Retirement, Despite My Anxieties. Check it out when you have a moment!

How do you deal with any financial anxieties your disease causes?

What added financial pressures do you have as a result of IPF? I listed some of mine in the column I shared above from 2018, but they continue to increase. Thankfully I am managing better now, but it’s so difficult to live with this disease and be worried about finances.

Charlene Marshall replied 2 years, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.