• Air Physio

Posted by momo on December 26, 2023 at 7:21 pm

Iam researching information on Air Physio, can any of our members who have purchased the product provide any info either positive or negative on the product, iam looking at the product to strength my lung capacity Thank you

Debbie k replied 3 months, 1 week ago 12 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Kerry

December 29, 2023 at 12:28 am

I recently started using an air physio. I’m finding it difficult but each day I get a little better. By and large I’m finding it beneficial in loosening congestion in my throat and I can really feel it strengthening my diaphragm. It’s early days but I’m hopeful. At least it can’t do any harm at all.

• Keith Emery

December 29, 2023 at 2:41 pm

Really? Have you had medical advice about this, please?

• Kerry

December 29, 2023 at 5:14 pm

Yes, I’ve had medical advice. I’m a patient in a government sponsored physiotherapy program that has been very successful in Australia and it was, in fact, recommended by the physiotherapist as something that would help keep my lungs as elastic as possible.

<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”>It’s a very simple device, basically a bent solid plastic tube enclosing a ball bearing. </font>Its<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”> aim is to exercise your lungs. There are no drugs involved nor does it put anything into your body. You simply breath in through the device, hold your breath and breath out through the device but on breathing out you must vibrate the ball bearing. You can easily find </font><i style=”background-color: var(–bb-content-background-color); font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: var(–bb-body-text-color);”>AirPhysio at airphysio.com

Kerry

• Kerry

December 29, 2023 at 5:22 pm

Well that reply was a bit messy.

It’s a very simple device basically a bent solid plastic tube enclosing a ball bearing. Its aim is to exercise your lungs. There are no drugs involved nor does it put anything into your body. You do all the work. You simply breath trough the device, hold your breath for 5 seconds then breath out through the device but while breathing out you must vibrate the ball bearing.

It’s easy to find.

Kerry

• José

January 18, 2024 at 5:22 pm

Shalom!

Glad you re did your post. I was standing on my head trying to read it. Not for long because the coughing started.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. My problem is getting tired fast and coughing a lot. I read that pineapple juice helps with the coughing. I buy it all the time, but just drink about a cup or two a day. However these past 3 weeks I have many chronic attacks and the worst was yesterday. I did not panic at the beginning because I was at the VA hospital for an appointment, and is a very big hospital. I use a walker so after a couple of puffs of my pump, I sat on my walker and my wife pushed me the rest of the way, which is a no no and a most not do at the VA Hospitals, but they saw my situation and they turned their heads. So today I wanted to do some work at my garden and started drinking Pineapple juice all day long. (btw, I live in eastern Puerto Rico), So today I did much better and did all the work I wanted to do. So I want to tell the Pneumologist not to give me any more pumps or nebulizers. Going to try this gadget you are talking about and keep pumping pineapple juice.

Blessings

• Linda Maguire

January 2, 2024 at 2:34 pm

My pulmonologist recommended a device called Aerobika, which is designed to both strengthen your lungs and reduce mucous, which helps with the chronic cough many of us have.

• Glenn Fredericks

January 18, 2024 at 12:31 am

Four plus years into IPF, I’m trying to slow the deterioration any way possible. I’ve kept up breathing exercises with small weights and using pursed lip breathing. I’ve used a Pep Buddy, and my wife recently got me the Air Physio. For me, both devices seem to be a variation on pursed lip breathing. But perhaps they will aid focus on proper breathing, just as weights seem to aid my rhythmic exercising. I’ve only had Air Physio for a few days, so will be continuing it on a “why not” basis. Good luck to all those that keep trying.

• Dawn

January 18, 2024 at 2:47 pm

I’ve tried that device and didn’t like it… Sent it back. I currently use an AiroFit device and love it! It’s pricey but if you get it as a gift it’s very affordable :). It has various types of breath training and tracks progress or decline. I personally believe the expiratory exercise of the lung test is equivalent to the FEV1 test on the PFTs. It’s not advertised as such but it’s doing the same thing and gives you a score/graph to follow yourself overtime. I do it everyday and sometimes twice. My respiratory muscles are stronger and I have less coughing throughout the day. I do cough allot while I’m doing the training but I take it as I’m clearing out my lungs. Highly recommended!!!

• José

January 18, 2024 at 10:07 pm

-I also did check the airofit pro 2.0, but can’t find any place to buy.

• Paul Polidano

January 18, 2024 at 5:41 pm

Hi Dawn –Although I’ve just started to use the Air Physio device and find it helpful, being also interested in the AiroFit device you referred to, are you able to please provide more details about it – e.g. full name of device and where is it available from?. Thanks

PaulP (Downunder OZ)

• Lee

January 18, 2024 at 6:08 pm

I agree with Dawn on the Airofit device. I used a device similar in principle to the Airofit but an older generation model. The diaphragm training increased my lung capacity significantly in a very short time. I have ordered the Airofit after talking to Dawn since the new Airofit Plus not only strengthens your diaphragm but it records your progress based on its built in spirometer measurement and tracking. I also used the airphysio device that you spoke of but it only strengthens your exhalation very moderately. It’s ok for breaking up mucous.

The Airofit though strengthens your inhalation and is a hard workout for the breathing muscles. Regular use of this device will improve lung capacity pretty quickly. I’ve got two years of spirometry data that demonstrates it in my case.

• José

January 19, 2024 at 7:16 am

They sell the Airofit PRO 2.0 at their own website, and the cost is $349.00

• Bouleversee

January 23, 2024 at 11:02 am

Gosh, the Airofit is indeed expensive. I started off with a dry cough (many years ago now) but since diagnosis it has developed into a horrendous, very productive cough, to the extent that I can no longer do the lung function tests, where you have to breathe out slowly, without coughing and my diaphragm wobbling. Do you think I would be able to use the Airofit device or should I get some other lung physio first. I am about to start rehab. classes after a very long wait but have no idea how effective they will be.

• Diplomat

January 23, 2024 at 8:17 pm

In one of the post I read that some of the members have spent a significant amount of money on air device helping them expell mucus. I acquired an inexpensive device which was highly recommended by my Genius Pulmonalogist. It is called D R Burton V PEP around $ 30.00. Please note that I have interest or get any monetary compensation from them. I only wanted to share my positive experience with this great product . Buy the way, my Pulmonalogist loves this product as well.

Good luck.

• Debbie k

January 26, 2024 at 12:47 am

Could you let us know where you found this item. Very interested. I’ve tried a few and didn’t do much for me. Willing to try one more. Don’t have much of a cough and no mucous. It’s kind of strange that I don’t. I’m going on year four and no to many symptoms. I’m getting off of steroids. I think that’s making me feel better! My problem is I’m very fatigued and fall asleep all the time. Sleep most of the day and most of the night. My O 2 is at 8. That also presents a problem when I go out. Still trying to use the inogen portable. It only goes to 6. So I struggle with that. My other option is tanks but bc I’m so high I would need many tanks. Almost impossible to navigate with all that. If anyone has that problem please let me know what u do. I’m not ready to just sit in my home. I’m kind of confused as to what I can do. Even at 8 when I get up I don’t last long. Tried rehab and couldn’t do it.

Can’t really walk much bc my breathing gets so bad and my level drops to 80 which I have to stop and recoup.

Please let me know if anyone has those same problems and if they have solutions.

Thanks so much. Hope I heard from someone!! Have a good day 😊

• Debbie k

January 26, 2024 at 12:56 am

Sorry I reread my message and realized I didn’t state which machine I was talking about. The one I was interested in is the DR Burton V pep. That’s the main one I was talking about.

Thank you