• Susan Howitt

March 6, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Hi Marianne

Glad you got your Covid vaccine, even though I am classed a critically vulnerable I haven’t yet been able to get an appointment for the vaccine, I am too scared to take the Pfizer vaccine, my friends husband had the reaction I dread the most, he was unable to breathe easily for about 1/4 of an hour during the night following his vaccination, I struggle to breathe at the best of times.  The rollout in Europe is VERY very slow

• Bill Kelly

March 6, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Susan
      that is a decision that everyone must make for themselves. I know more than a dozen people who have had the Pfizer vaccine (all over 70) – though millions have had it in the US. I have never heard personally of a bad reaction. My wife and I had the Moderna and after the 2nd shot, we decided that it could well have been saline or distilled water for all the effects we suffered. Our next door neighbor had a sore arm for 24 hours.

It depends on what you most fear. Me, I fear that I would not survive COVID so I took the vaccination and feel happy about it.

Probably you can find the number of bad reactions per 100.000 somewhere on the net. The US gov IMessaged us daily for a week asking us to fill in a brief questionnaire about side effects, then every week thereafter.

Good luck
      Bill

• Susan Howitt

March 7, 2021 at 3:36 am

Hi Bill

Yes I am trying to get the Moderna vaccine, seems to be the safest one for me.  Can’t even get a Pfizer jab here even if I wanted it !!!  Live out in the sticks and in my county there were only 800 jabs (Pfizer available) and all went to Drs and frontline workers.  Being in the sticks I am safer, I hope, than most people.

Page 2 of 2