• Christine McCann

June 15, 2023 at 10:33 am

Not with esbriet but from dehydration.

• David Robert Keith

June 16, 2023 at 8:25 am

I get light heads after about 10 minutes of taking it for a few minutes but it dissipates pretty quickly

• Camila Lopez

August 7, 2023 at 10:16 am

I started the 3 x 3 pills a day in July without any side effects, but now I get very dizzy after taking them.  Does anyone know the reason for this?  Thanks.

• Julian Bilier

August 8, 2023 at 9:06 pm

Yes I do, I usually lay down for a few minutes but here of lately I have dizziness almost daily

• David S

August 9, 2023 at 9:53 am

I take 3-tab dosing 3 times a day and usually I’m dizzy for about 1 hour after I take it and with that my sinuses will also drain  for about the same amount of time.

• Debra Lowder

August 9, 2023 at 11:05 am

I have been taking Esbriet for 3 years now and what helps me the most is making sure I drink plenty of water and eating at least 10 mg. Of protein with each dose. When I first started taking it, I would get bad headaches and nausea. The worst side effects lasted about 4 months and then subsided. I hardly notice any now, and it was well worth sticking to the dosages. My IPF has progressed very slowly and now 3 and ahalf years later, I only need oxygen at night when I sleep. I have kept my weight down and exercise routinely. It is well worth struggling through the side effects because it gets better. I hope this has helped and hang in there.

• Kathy Reich

August 10, 2023 at 11:45 am

Hi @CamilaLopez, I also found the side effects of Esbriet to fade over time (more like 6 months). But I still get dizzy if I don’t eat enough with it. If I feel dizzy after a meal, I eat some more. It may be the last thing I feel like doing, but it always works.

• Camila Lopez

August 12, 2023 at 8:11 pm

Thank you all for your input.  I really appreciate it!