Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Finding Joy This Holiday Season + Merry Christmas!

• Finding Joy This Holiday Season + Merry Christmas!

Posted by Charlene Marshall on December 23, 2020 at 10:25 am

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of our wonderful forum members! 

I just wanted to hop on and let you know that BioNews/PF News will be closed beginning December 23rd until January 4th. This means @mark-koziol and I won’t be posting regular content, nor will new columns or flash briefings be posted until the new year. However, we will be keeping an eye on email and the forum, so if we’re still around if you need us.

This Christmas will be very different for many of us, and I know some may struggle with the changes or not being able to spend time with friends and family amid the pandemic. If you’re having a hard time, please reach out! Know that we’re thinking of you all and sending much love this holiday season. May 2021 be kinder for all of us, and be filled with nothing but good things!

I’ll leave you with my most recent column, which is titled Focusing on What Is Still Possible This Holiday Season. I spent some time reflecting on what we can still enjoy this holiday despite despite the pandemic. I’m looking forward to some rest and relaxation this year, as opposed to the normal chaos that usually accompanies Christmas.

What are you looking forward to this season, even though it’ll be different than previous years?

John replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Patricia Williams

December 25, 2020 at 7:46 am

Good morning Charlene and I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy and healthy NEW YEAR.  Thank you for all you do on this forum. You are my go to gal.

• Charlene Marshall

December 28, 2020 at 10:35 am

@prwillie

Hi Patricia,

You are too kind my friend, thank you so much! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the best in 2021. I look forward to continuing to support this special platform filled with amazing people like you! Happy new year!
    Charlene.

• John

December 24, 2021 at 9:45 pm

<div>Merry Christmas and Thank You. A tribute to all caregivers, personal and professional.</div>
    <div>
    <div></div>
    <div>
    <div>“Anything else”, she said looking back, with a loving smile,</div>
    <div>“Of course there is”, I replied gently with an embarrassed smile, as she left the room.</div>
    <div>There always is.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>As there always is the pain of knowing how hard it is for her, <span style=”font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>as life-friend, sharer of dreams, mother to our children, partner in adventure … hard to watch the steady decline, the erosion of life and soul in the person you love. Progressive diseases and prolonged illness is so difficult to deal with. </span></div>
    </div>
    <div><span style=”font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”> </span></div>
    <div><span style=”font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>The toll this all takes on the caregiver is relentless … giving, supporting, sharing in grief with hard news, sharing in hope when things improve. </span></div>
    <div><span style=”font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”> </span></div>
    <div><span style=”font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>It is the day to day and hour to hour drudgery the really takes its toll. It seems that there is hardly a minute without interruption from some pressing need, either getting, bringing, doing, adjusting or just comforting. You have become the laundry queen, tech goddess, chef extrordinare, secretary, driver, medication monitor, garbage manager and sometimes the referee … the one who has to say no. The one who has to say that you might be losing sanity. The one to say to you that you can’t drive anymore. </span></div>
    <div>The loss of a sense of self from this continual outward focus is overwhelming.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>“Is there anything else?”, she said. Yes, clearly there is. There is so much more … please know that I understand parts of what you are going through, that I am trying to understand how hard it is for you to be my caregiver. You need to know how much I appreciate everything you sacrifice and know how much you put up with.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Somehow, “I love you”, doesn’t quite cover it … “Merry Christmas” comes a little short. Please just know, from the bottom of my heart, soul and ever growing spirit, just how much you mean to me and how much I value all that you do.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I Love You</div>
    <div>Merry Christmas</div>
    </div>