Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Healthcare Questions Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Pulmonary Fibrosis Following quarantine etc. does a positive home test mean I am still contagious?

• Bruce Hawn

March 21, 2023 at 2:13 pm

I asked that very question of my pulmonologist and his response was “if you are still testing positive on a home antigen test, then there is enough virus load in your body for you to be contagious”.

• Walter Gerstmann

March 22, 2023 at 8:16 am

Inconsistent Antigen Test results:
      I received Quickvue tests from CVS and USPS free tests. On days 24 and 25, I got negative results using the BinaxNow tests. On day 26, I was congested and tested positive with a Quickvue test. On day 27, I did three tests: Quickvue positive, BinaxNow negative, and Quickvue positive. The control strip was present in all tests and within their expiration date. Quickvue seems to be more sensitive than BinaxNow.
      I will mask until the end of the flu season and test weekly using Quickvue.

• Stephen B. Strum, MD

March 24, 2023 at 11:50 am

You should presume you have enough of a viral load still present to be a risk for others. So, yes, until you are negative you are contagious.
    <p class=”p1″>Stephen</p>