Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Treatments and Science Clinical Trials GLPG1990 Gilead clinical trial

• GLPG1990 Gilead clinical trial

Posted by Frank Loeffler on February 10, 2021 at 3:20 pm

Since November 2019 I have been associated as a patient with the Gilead clinical trial for patients who were also taking OFEV 150mg 2X daily.

Since starting on the trial literally a year and a quarter ago, I have virtually no adverse changes in any aspect of my health conditions.  Other than a few limited digestive side effects, I have had virtually no problems.  From what I understand in regularly reading the Forums, this may have been very good operational results.

Today I was advised by phone that the clinical trial has ceased and I am to no longer complete the prescribed medication under study.  No information was available to discern if I received the actual drug or a placebo.  If the drug had a positive effect, no information was given on a replacement although (and I do understand) that it may take a bit of research to determine next steps, if any.

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Suzanne R Brennan

February 11, 2021 at 3:05 pm

I was also informed of this news.I am hoping we will get more details as to why in the coming days.

• Geoff

February 12, 2021 at 6:29 am
    1. G’day. I’m in Sydney. Been with the Trial for over 12 months. No side effects. I want to know if I was on Placebo or the resl deal and what are the specific reasons for abandoning us. Disappointed and upset with Galapagos as I have expenses reimbutsement outstanding since May 2020 and they stopped transport for me about 6 months ago. No unsatisfactory explanation offered or given.Pity, as would liked for the drug to have  worked.Best wishes to all.Geoff.

• Charlene Marshall

February 13, 2021 at 9:04 am

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience with the GLPG1990 trial, and that you’ve been notified of it stopping. I was so sad to read/hear this news, and can imagine you’re all feeling the same way. Please continue to share any updates about this (from credible sources) as you come across them. Such a pity!
    Char.