• Steve Dragoo

July 24, 2018 at 8:57 am

Anti inflammatory smoothies

1 cup berries of your choice (such as blueberries, raspberries, cranberries)
    1 compressed cup of leafy greens of your choice (such as kale, spinach)
    2 inch (5 cm) piece of ginger
    1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
    1 teaspoon, or more, of fresh chia seeds
    A little bit of honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten

Blend – drink

Ingredients
    1 cup cucumber
    1 cup fennel
    1 cup apple
    1 1/2 – 2 cups coconut water (water works as a substitution)
    1/2 avocado (or more – I definitely use the seed too)
    Juice from 1/2 of a lime

Chop the cucumber, fennel (use the bulb) and apple (without the core) into chunks, all with the skin on. The size of the chunks depends on your blender’s size and power. Peel your avocado and remove the pit. Put everything in a blender and squeeze in the lime-juice. Add a large dash of the sea-salt (this is not so that you can taste the salt, it is only to bring out the taste of the smoothie). Blend.
    Enjoy this refreshing summer drink. If you make it a bit thicker by adding more avocado, it can be served as a summer soup! A health booster never tasted so delicious

• Steve Dragoo

July 26, 2018 at 10:00 am

@Charlene – please help I am doing something wrong posting a cut and paste recipe from word.  Also tried sending it as an email and cut and paste it.  That didn’t work either.  Thanks – SteveD

• Charlene Marshall

July 27, 2018 at 9:06 am

Hi Steve,

Ah yes, this is one the “querks” I’m still trying to figure out with the forums… oftentimes copying and pasting something from a different website, or even from word into the text boxes in the forums, things turn out really odd. It looks like a bunch of words and jargon bundled together and I’m not quite sure how it happens! I only know how to fix it, which I’ve just done to your post making the delicious smoothie recipes you posted look more legible for folks hopefully. I just edited it, and removed the jargon so it should read clear now hopefully? 🙂

Not fully sure why it does this, other than I know it is related to the copy and paste function as its like the formatting gets lost when it is added to our forums. I can alway go in and edit though, no problem and so appreciate your sharing those recipes! I’m going to try them this weekend as my chia seeds and hemp hearts came in!!!

Thanks,
      Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

July 27, 2018 at 10:33 am

Thanks Charlene.  Isn’t technology grand??? SteveD

• Charlene Marshall

July 28, 2018 at 8:27 am

Hi Steve,

Sure is! I always say that when technology works, it is amazing what it can do … the key is: when it works 🙂
      Hope you’re having a great Saturday. I am going to try one of your smoothie recipes for lunch today I think! Do you use them as a full meal replacement, or usually as a healthy snack?

Chat soon,
      Charlene.

• Isaura Santos

July 27, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Here’s several recipes on pinterest! https://br.pinterest.com/heidicampbell/smoothie-recipes/

• Charlene Marshall

July 28, 2018 at 8:28 am

Thanks Isaura! 🙂
      There are lots of recipes available out there for folks, so I hope they check them out. I’m eager to hear about ones that others’ have tried and enjoyed with IPF/PF. I hope to add some more recipes after this weekend as I’ll be making quite a bit of healthy smoothies this weekend, giving my digestive system a bit of a rest.

Hope you’re having a nice weekend!
      Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

July 28, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Hi Charlene,

It can be anything you want.  Usually I end up adding too many veggies/fruit and have a quart or more to consume.  That’s a meal.  Sometimes will add ground flax seed to keep me full longer.  If I am sharing the smoothie we have a pear or avocado to share and maybe a hot piece of home made oatmeal/whole wheat bread w real raw honey too.  Yummie…

Saturday was terrific.  Hope you will have a top weekend…

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

July 29, 2018 at 8:08 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

I actually tried the one smoothie recipe you recommended and thoroughly enjoyed it! I am not a fan of ginger at all so I was worried about not liking it due to that, but I couldn’t really taste it with the berries which was a pleasant surprise. I added some protein powder to help it sustain me a bit longer and I didn’t have trouble staying full until dinner time. I am also quite enjoying eating chia seeds and hemp hearts on basically everything LOL!

Glad your Saturday was good, and I hope the weather where you are is just as beautiful as it is here on this Sunday morning 🙂

Take care,
    Charlene.

• Charlene Marshall

March 16, 2019 at 8:30 am

Hi Juliet,

We don’t mind at all – please share any recipes you make and enjoy! I love smoothies so am always up for trying new ones 🙂

Cheers,
    Charlene.

• Charlene Marshall

January 28, 2020 at 9:36 am

That sounds delicious Juliet, thanks for sharing! I want to get better at consuming smoothies this year as my stomach has been acting up since I was so sick with the flu/pneumonia and all the meds it had to filter. Smoothies are gentle on it, so I will keep this recipe and ideas in mind. Thanks again!
    Charlene.

• Charlene Marshall

February 3, 2020 at 8:41 pm

Can’t wait to hear how they turn out @antman1221 ! What do you add to reduce the sugar intake in your smoothies? I’ve learnt that even things like bananas and blueberries have a lot of sugar in them, which are two of my favourite fruits to add to smoothies. Curious to learn of some other delicious options.

• Charlene Marshall

June 6, 2020 at 8:55 pm

That sounds delicious @antman1221, thank you for sharing! I like adding ground flax seed into my smoothies or oatmeal as well. 🙂

• Unknown Member

December 12, 2020 at 4:14 am

Usually I end up adding too many veggies/fruit and have a quart or more to consume.  That’s a meal.  Sometimes will add ground flax seed to keep me full longer.  If I am sharing the smoothie we have a pear or avocado to share and maybe a hot piece of home made oatmeal/whole wheat bread w real raw honey too.

• Charlene Marshall

December 13, 2020 at 10:18 am

That sounds delicious Juliet, minus the too many fruits/veggies. Sometimes I am guilty of this too! What I find lessens the amount is adding an organic protein powder, it just tends to remind me to add less fruits/veggies if I am getting some quality protein too. Not sure if this helps? I love having an avocado with my smoothie as well. Cheers!
    Char.

• Caraz Taylor

October 18, 2021 at 5:30 am