Tagged: ,

• Helping Others Manage Pandemic-Related Stress

Posted by Charlene Marshall on March 1, 2022 at 8:51 pm

Photo credit: Johns Hopkins Medicine

As the world begins to emerge from COVID-19, I’ve been giving a lot to the past nearly-three years. If we’re ever truly rid of this virus, I still can’t imagine that everything will go back to normal, like the pre-pandemic days. Instead, we will have a “new normal”, though it’s still uncertain what that might look like. I’m not sure the world will ever be the same as it was before COVID-19.

I’ve also been reading about ambiguous grief and loss associated with the pandemic and love this article on grieving the last ‘good days’. Actually, this was relatable for me as a chronic illness patient too, not just COVID-19.

Despite restrictions easing, I will not be comfortable doing many things yet as my antibody levels are very low despite being fully vaccinated and I know a lot of people share this same discomfort, worry or anxiety. I work in children’s mental health and I’m seeing the emotional, physical and mental toll this is taking on children and members of their family in my everyday work. It has been an incredibly stressful time for everyone!

I wanted to share a column I  wrote about helping others manage pandemic-related stress. I specifically shared six tips that I hope will be helpful, but I’m curious to hear from you:

What are some strategies you’ve used to manage your own stress amid the COVID-19 pandemic?

How are some ways you can help others manage their stress?

Please share your thoughts with us!
    Charlene.

Charlene Marshall replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Catalina B. Walker

May 25, 2022 at 12:50 pm

Hey, I have read your six tips to help manage pandemic-related stress. I’ve tried most of them effectively during those times. I was affected by COVID-19 and got into quarantine. It was not very good for me at first. Nothing to do increased my level of stress. Later, I did various things to boost myself up. I cooked for myself, developed my drawing skill, found time to rebuild my broken friendship, started to chat with them, and talked with my family. All those things wipe out my thoughts and stress. Engaging in exciting tasks will undoubtedly help us to reduce our stress levels.

• Charlene Marshall

May 29, 2022 at 8:09 am

@catalinab-walker

Hi Catalina,

thanks so much for writing and sharing that you’ve tried the six tips for pandemic-related stress. I’m so sorry to hear you also got hit with COVID, but I hope these tips helped even a little bit and I’m so glad to hear you were able to do those things for yourself to help reduce stress- kudos to you! I hope you’re on the mend now 🙂
    Thanks for writing,
    Char.