Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

As we approach the 1-year mark of COVID-19 being declared a pandemic, I’ve been thinking a lot about the past year. If we’re ever rid of this virus, I still don’t think the world will go back to normal or the way it was before. Instead, we will have a “new normal”, though it’s still uncertain what that might look like. I’m not sure the world will ever be the same as it was before COVID-19…

As I reflect on this last year, I think about all the stressors people have gone through. I work in children’s mental health and I’m seeing the emotional, physical and mental toll this is taking on children and members of their family in my everyday work. It is a stressful time!

I wanted to share a column I recently wrote about helping others manage pandemic-related stress. I specifically shared six tips that I hope will be helpful, but I’m curious to hear from you:

What are some strategies you’ve used to manage your own stress amid the COVID-19 pandemic?

How are some ways you can help others manage their stress?

Please share your thoughts with us!
      Charlene.

Pam Mckee
      Participant

I fell and broke my hip right in the middle of total shutdown. I was stressed as nurses came in my room all garbed up. I went through surgery, then rehab, then in home rehab. I figured there was nothing I could do about it although everyone was careful, so I let my fear go. I still mask up and stay socially distanced but at a point I just let it go.
      I had one of my shots and have the second one scheduled. It relieves stress.
      I stay away from big groups.
      I  read many books, do some art and bought a treadmill.

Hi @pammckee

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, though I’m so sorry to hear about your fall. That must have been so difficult, especially amid the pandemic. I’ve been hospitalized a couple of times during the pandemic as well and it is very scary to have people in/out of your room, and I found it made me anxious seeing everyone “suited up” to come into my room. I understood why, but like you, I had to find a point to just let it go. Hard to do though 🙂

Glad you got one of your shots and are scheduled for the other one, that is great to hear. Stay safe!
      Charlene.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account