• Lazer therapy

Posted by Dave on April 2, 2024 at 9:49 am

good morning,

I’m hearing about this Lazer therapy. sounds like this could something I would try doing. if it could help my breathing.

does anyone know where this is being done. and have information on it.

Thanks Dave

Linda replied 4 weeks, 1 day ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Lee

April 2, 2024 at 2:36 pm

Dave if you’re speaking of COLD laser therapy, I’ve had several rounds of it in my first couple years with IPF. I even bought my own device for about $450 so that I could use it at home without driving somewhere to receive treatment. It “may” have helped with inflammation but I was doing multiple protocols to reduce inflammation so I can’t say that the laser did anything specific or notable. It didn’t hurt, and it was one of many things I did to battle a very serious condition of 30% remaining lung function with massive lung scarring. The most important things I did and still do today that are definitely working are 1) daily walking 2) daily exercise (I use an oxygen tank at the gym to bicycle and strength training 3) very good nutrition with adequate protein, vegetables and ZERO processed foods and sugar 4) 7-8 hours of quality sleep nightly. 5) some basic nutritional supplements.

I use oxygen 24 hours a day but have lots of stamina and strength and I am never fatigued. I’m 66 years old and have had IPF 4 years.

Lee

• Lystra

April 2, 2024 at 4:24 pm

Lee, this doesn’t have anything to do with Laser Therapy…but I just bought your book! It is very inspiring and you are a diehard exercise dude!! You have been inspiring me so much. I don’t have IPF but it’s slower cousin something called PPFE, Hoping to put some of your great suggestions to use. I have exercised all my life, it’s hard to get slower but not on oxygen yet. I will ask my MD about laser therapy and some of your other suggestions. Haven’t finished reading the book yet but it’s alot of information that is. valuable so taking it slow. Thank you for getting it out there!

• Millie

April 2, 2024 at 3:21 pm

I get summus class IV laser treatments weekly and have had no progression of this disease in over a year. Dr Andrew Hall is the expert on this. These lasers are used by chiropracters and you have to find one in your area who uses this laser and is wiling to give you treatments.

• John K. Grubb

April 2, 2024 at 3:42 pm

I find the comments about Laser treatment for IPF very interesting.

Does anyone know who is doing Laser treatments in Houston for IPF?

• MICO

April 4, 2024 at 9:10 am

Does anyone know if lazer therapy is being done in Orlando and how does it work.

• Linda

April 4, 2024 at 11:09 am

GM. I was diagnosed with IPF in 2016 and I am pretty much stable – slight decline

since then. I started laser therapy 8/15/22 – Dr Halls regiment. I also take Esbriet and keep my Vitamin D level relatively high. I am not sure what works but if it aint broken – don’t fix it