• Mindfulness & IPF

Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 28, 2022 at 9:00 am

Arguably, the hardest part of living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is the physical implications this disease imposes upon people living with it. Simple tasks become difficult due to shortness of breath, chronic cough, and debilitating fatigue. As a result, it’s really hard to feel rested while living with this disease.

I wrote a column about this a few weeks ago, on how difficult it is to rest with IPF, and why I feel triggered when others tell me to rest or assume it’ll make me feel better. You can read that column here

Since it’s difficult to rest our bodies physically while living with IPF, it’s important to be able to control our mind and mindfulness can help with that. Last week I wrote a column on the benefits of mindfulness with IPF that I wanted to share with our forums’ community.

Do you practice mindfulness in living with IPF? If so, how does it help you and what do you do?

Pauline Korol replied 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Pauline Korol

November 1, 2022 at 2:54 pm

I do practice mindfulness.  My daughter teaches it and has been helping me out.  It does help to quiet the mind, I just need to do it more often.  As you well know, it’s not an easy disease to live with.