Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts New Pulmonary Wellness Foundation Offers Free Online Rehab Programs

• New Pulmonary Wellness Foundation Offers Free Online Rehab Programs

Posted by pulmonary-fibrosis-news-moderator on January 27, 2020 at 10:35 am

Charlene Marshall shares a recent news article about the Pulmonary Wellness Foundation (PWF) and their commitment to making online rehabilitation programs free for patients with rare lung diseases.

PWF belongs to cardiopulmonary physical therapist Noah Greenspan, and is not only an innovative way to remove cost-prohibitive barriers to those who need pulmonary rehab, but is also focused on generating scientific data on the benefits of rehabilitation for pulmonary patients.

Have you ever participated in a pulmonary rehabilitation program? If so, was it helpful for you and would you recommend it to others? Let us know about it in the comment section below:

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • bob-osborne

January 28, 2020 at 9:09 am

Not as yet

• Charlene Marshall

January 28, 2020 at 9:34 am

If you try it out Bob, please let us know your feedback. We’d love to hear!
    Charlene.

• duncan-fowler

January 28, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Yes, I participated in one at Mercy Hospital located in Coon Rapids MN.  The RT was Robbie Crannick.

It was a helpful class as it made me get there and exercise

Dunc

Duncan Fowler,

[email protected]

• Charlene Marshall

January 28, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Hi Duncan,

Thanks so much for getting in touch and sharing your experience about pulmonary rehab! I’m glad to hear it was a helpful class for you. As difficult as I anticipate it to be next week after this latest setback, I am looking forward to another round of rehab because I know it will help me. Thanks for sharing 🙂
    Charlene.

• liz-miller

January 29, 2020 at 8:39 am

Hello! I am new to the group. I was diagnosed with IPF in October of 2018.  I was also diagnosed with COPD  – a double whammy!  I started Pulmonary rehab in December of 2018 and am ever so grateful!  I attend pulmonary rehab every Tuesday and Thursday for structured excercise and monitoring. My last visit with my Pulmonologist showed no disease progression. I am scheduled for a lung scan this Spring.

I want to let you know that Pulmonary rehab not only has made me feel physically better, the group that attends have become such dear friends. The support of these patients has been incredible. I highly recommend Pulmonary Rehab!

• Charlene Marshall

January 29, 2020 at 8:46 am

@lizmiller

I’m glad you’re here – welcome! You make some really great points about rehabilitation programs not only being good for our physical health, but socially as well it can be beneficial. I’m so glad to hear the program you’re in is going well, I hope it continues to help you in many different ways. I have high hopes for the program I am starting on Monday after this latest set back, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it works as well for me as it does for you. Thanks for sharing!
    Charlene.

• liz-miller

January 29, 2020 at 9:04 am

Hi Charlene,

I know that the rehab program will be a good thing for you. Keep on going!

Liz

• Charlene Marshall

February 2, 2020 at 7:50 am

Thanks so much for your kind words @lizmiller ! I start tomorrow, and I think this round is going to be harder than last due to the physical deconditioning I’ve experienced with this latest setback. However, I am motivated by an upcoming trip to warm weather and sun at the end of February so I can do it. Thank you again for writing 🙂
    Char.