Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums O2 Saturation when stressed

• O2 Saturation when stressed

Posted by John Sharman on May 7, 2024 at 2:56 pm

I have had Systemic Sclerosis Interstitial Lung Disease based Pulmonary Fibrosis since April 2019. I documented and graphed my steady decline in TLC, FVC and FEV as my disease has progressed. My Pulmonologist tells me he has not heard of stress negatively affecting oxygen saturation levels. I have noticed a direct correlation for me personally. Has anyone else noticed that when stressed, their saturation levels go down?

george-poulsen replied 1 week, 4 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • george-poulsen

May 7, 2024 at 4:05 pm

Yes– mine is not the same ILD as yours, but my wife has noticed numerous times that when stressed I seem to be breathing heavier on the oxygen. I really think that is common with “mankind”. Used to scuba dive and you could always tell when someone was sucking rapidly on that demand regulator and in a new situation:-)

I also have noticed several times that as my heart rate goes up my O2 goes down and vice versa after a bit of short time exercise and watching my finger Oximeter.