Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts Paragonix and the Lung Transplant Foundation Expand Partnership to Benefit PF Patients.

• patricia-hayden

June 15, 2019 at 12:29 pm

Thank you for posting this great information Charlene. I know it has been awhile since last writing. I have been living in a whirl wind. Any person waiting for a lung transplant should listen to this report. It is very hopeful information.
    Although I was denied a transplant at the UofW, Stanford Medical in Ca. has agreed to list me after a few more tests which I am in the process of doing. We have just retired our business and in the process of preparing our house for sale.Due to high cost of living in Stanford, we have purchased an RV 5th wheel and a truck (from my dear brother and his wife) and will be heading to that area as soon as possible.
    In a nut shell, that is it for me as to what has been happening. Hope you are doing OK Charlene. It was devasting and the saddest news to hear about Kim’s passing. This news that you shared came a little too late for her. I believe they are still in the research phase. But still great news.
    Take care
    Patricia

• Charlene Marshall

June 15, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Hi Patricia,

Thanks so much for writing, it is so nice to hear from you! I agree, I found a lot of hope from this latest flash briefing. I know researchers are learning a lot, and getting close to figuring out how to stop this disease from progressing but it needs to happen as soon as possible. Good, great and wonderful people like Kim are passing far too often! Thanks for your kind words about her, I know this forum and the folks on it meant a lot to her.

I am so glad to hear Stanford will list you, that is amazing news! Do you know when the timeline will be of finishing the last few of their tests? Stanford is a great centre, I wish you nothing but the best in this venture ahead. Do keep us posted when you can!

Will be thinking of you.
    Charlene