Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Posting an Update? Use a Tag To Ensure Its Seen!

• Posting an Update? Use a Tag To Ensure Its Seen!

Posted by Charlene Marshall on August 14, 2018 at 7:51 pm

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week thus far, and that the weather is as nice where you are as it is here today. The sun is shining, the humidity is less and there is a cool breeze, making it very enjoyable to spend time outside!

I was thinking of posting this awhile back, and with an influx of new members to our forums (welcome to you all!) I thought this would be a good time to provide clarification on posting an update vs. a forum topic.

In our forums, I regularly monitor and refresh the ‘Activity’ tab and this is how I keep track of posts, questions and replies from all of the great people using our forums. It allows me to see conversations, reply to messages directed at me and to also see the updates people post on their personal profile, such as this tool:

However, did you know that if you post an update this way without tagging me/someone you’re trying to connect with, that we don’t receive any notifications about your update? As a result, it is easy to miss them, unless you’re using a tag and you ‘tag’ the person you’re trying to reach in the update. How do you do that? Read below! 

1. Post your update by typing in the text box to include your message.
    2. When typing the person’s name you are replying to, or whoever you are hoping will read your update (if it isn’t a generic post), type @ before the person’s name. (ie. “Hi @charlene-marshall”)
    3. This will tag them, and they will receive a notification to go directly to your update so they know to respond.
    4. Click “post update” to share your message/update with the forum!

Please let me know if I can provide clarification or any other tips/tricks on how to use the forum. This is likely one that most people know, however, I wanted to highlight it just in case they didn’t know about this feature.

Enjoy!
    Charlene.

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Steve Dragoo

August 16, 2018 at 8:49 am

Hi @Charlene-Marshall – I not sure it is working for me as it does not auto-suggest when I starting typing or turn blue when I am finished. – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

August 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Hey Steve,

You must have done it right, as the tag is valid above and I received a notification that you tagged or “mentioned” (as my email calls it) me in a post 🙂 Sometimes it takes a bit of time to generate or auto-populate the list of names, and occasionally I even have to refresh my page before I see the list. Looks like you got it this time though!

Hope you’re doing well!
      Cheers,
      Charlene.

• Patricia Jefferson

May 28, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Charlene,

I’m totally confused on how to answer a reply to my letter on GERD.  Ray King answered me but I can’ t quite figure out how to answer him!  Isn’t there just an easy “ reply “ button?  Pat

• Charlene Marshall

January 5, 2019 at 10:06 am

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much for reaching out – I know the forums can be a bit confusing/daunting, until you’re used to this platform. I am happy to help whenever I can!

I suspect the problem here is because you aren’t logged into the site. The “reply” option above someone’s response usually disappears when you aren’t logged into the PF forums. Can you try logging out and then signing back in again on the right hand side of the site? Sometimes the site signs me out before I even know it and then I go to reply and realize the option to do so has been taken away until I sign back in again. Give that a try and then see if you can reply to Ray 🙂

Cheers,
      Charlene.