• PRM-151 Clinical Trial ?

Posted by golfpi on December 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm

I heard the PRM-151 Phase 3 Clinical Trial has been stopped. Has anybody heard any information on this trial and why it might have been stopped? It was supposed to have over 600 participants. Anybody in here in the PRM-151 trial?

golfpi replied 1 year ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • samuel-kirton

December 12, 2022 at 8:48 am

Clinicaltrials.gov shows the PRM-151 is still in Phase 3. (I did not include a clickable link so this would post.)  Sam …

• john-barnett

December 16, 2022 at 10:53 am

i was in the PRM trial. According to my research coordinator, the results were less than anticipated. It was determined that there were few if any benefit to patients to continue the trial.

• cheryl-thomas

December 13, 2022 at 2:46 pm

The trial was stopped two weeks ago. I was the first to join at UPMC I was actually getting the drug at the end of my year. Unfortunately 600 people got the same phone call. Due to efficiency. I have declined in the year since I started it and am now using oxygen. It didn’t help me but hoping something else comes along. We had 60 in our center enrolled.

• arnoldhershbain

December 13, 2022 at 6:04 pm

I was in the Phase II trial for 2 years. I was in the phase III
    open doors, getting PRM-151 infusions. After 3 months of infusions, I got a call that the trial was cancelled.

• golfpi

December 13, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Thanks Cheryl and Arnold.

• arnoldhershbain

December 14, 2022 at 2:41 am

I listened to a presentation about Zinc along with 2 other supplements, being researched as a possible cure. It was from Dr.Paul Noble from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

• stephen-b-strum-md

March 24, 2023 at 1:44 pm

A good idea with any presentation such as the one by Noble is to ask if there is/are any peer-reviewed literature citations or any prelim results. Also, do a literature search using PubMed at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed to see if any published articles. And, can check clinical trials on idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) or pulmonary fibrosis or just using search term fibrosis; Google ClinicalTrials.gov and enter search term.

For PRM-151, I found 9 papers published between 2011 and 2022. Of those 9 there were 4 that were open access and full PDF available. I am just starting my in-depth research into IPF.

The full citation of the most recent paper discovered so far is:

Raghu G, Hamblin MJ, Brown AW, et al. Long-term evaluation of the safety and efficacy of recombinant human pentraxin-2 (rhPTX-2) in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF): an open-label extension study. Respir Res. 2022;23(1):129.

Trial info is:
      Trial registration NCT02550873; EudraCT 2014-004782-24
      NCT numbers relate to ClinicalTrials.gov

Stephen

• golfpi

March 24, 2023 at 2:11 pm

The PRM-151 trial was canceled last month Due to efficiency.

• pete-besio

December 15, 2022 at 2:28 pm

I have been enrolled in PRM 151 for around 18 months, I had progressed to the open label portion of the trial, where I was being given the drug.  I had my second to last visit yesterday, as the trial has been cancelled.  Reason given for the cancellation is lack of efficacy of the drug, my experience backs that up, I haven’t felt much different since being on the open label portion, although have only received 3 injection of what we could be sure was the actual drug.  The trial nurse was clear that the trial was being cancelled becausee analysis showed the drug was not working, not because of any unwanted side effects or adverse reactions.  I am now looking for my next trial.