Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities Canadians With PF Reflecting on Gratitude This Thanksgiving Weekend

• Reflecting on Gratitude This Thanksgiving Weekend

Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 5, 2018 at 7:53 pm

To all my fellow Canadians on this site, happy thanksgiving long weekend to you all! Isn’t it hard to believe that fall is already here, and so is thanksgiving?

I always try to be mindful of gratitude, but sometimes (just like everyone else), I slip up once in awhile and fall into the downward spiral of “why me”, and “this isn’t fair”. This is especially true since my diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) in April 2016. Living with a life-threatening lung condition at 30 certainly does feel unfair, but I try not to let myself bask in that as many others have it a lot worse than I do. On the flip side of this, since my IPF diagnosis, I am also more mindful and intentional about gratitude and being grateful for all the good things that I do have in my life. I am privileged to say that there are many!

As we Canadians embark on our long weekend, I am trying to remember those many things I am grateful for and have found joy in reviewing all my Gratitude Miniseries posts thus far. This is a column I am writing every month to capture a few of the good things that happened throughout each month of 2018. My plan was to review this on New Years Eve and reflect on the great year passed as a new one rolls in, however, I have reviewed some of them in anticipation of the Thanksgiving weekend too. You can read this column here, if interested.

If you are Canadian: what are some of the things you’re grateful for this long weekend?

If you’re not, please still share with us what you’re most grateful for throughout this journey with IPF/PF.

replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.