• Posted by Jeff Taylor-Jackson on October 27, 2022 at 8:38 am

Hi All,

I recently posted a replay on one of the threads about REMAP-ILD.

The goal of REMAP-ILD is to design a clinical trial which can speed up the assessment of therapies for patients with the various forms of Pulmonary Fibrosis. This will be achieved by creating an international platform to carry out clinical trials that rapidly assess potential treatments. This new approach, is to trial a design that will enable multiple therapies to be assessed at the same time, which are known as Randomized, Embedded, Multifactorial, Adaptive Platform (REMAP) trials and it will shorten the time it takes to decide if a therapy is working or not. This will make it easy for patients to take part in the trial by minimising the number of hospital visits and disruption to their lives.

I am quite excited about this, as the method has already been proven in the Covid drug trials.

There is a seminar given by Imperial College London, Sponsored by the Charity APF here in the UK,

November 1st at 19:00 hrs, UK time.

If you would like to attend the virtual seminar, you can do so here:

https://www.actionpf.org/news/www-actionpf-org-news-remap-ild

If the time Zone for anyone is too crazy, I’m sure there will be a link to a video recording.

Kind regards

Jeff in England.

<h2> </h2>

Tim Costar replied 1 year, 5 months ago 0 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tim Costar

October 27, 2022 at 2:52 pm

Just a heads up…..Nov 1, UK will be on Standard time. North America doesn’t ‘fall back’ until the following weekend.