• Alex Marion

February 7, 2024 at 9:06 pm

hi\;

Yes, i think by june /july phase 2a will be finished, and resluts by year end, \more than one person is expecting this to be succesfull, as per some results are very promesing. It is the long term effect and the age of the patinet that may be a concern as per many other cancer drugs, there are very invasive, \\the other one is bi 1015550 that has show reduction of 68% of the progression, then i think phase 3 of another drug from \bristal mayer /squibb will start soon. probably by 2025\6 we will have new more potent drugs with less side effects. for now i work with manuka honey and tyvago

• Carol

February 8, 2024 at 3:52 pm

Just wondering what tyvago is? I’m looking forward to something new. Hope one of these new drugs work well.

• george-poulsen

February 16, 2024 at 2:16 pm

Alex, can you tell us a bit more about your experience with the honey and Tyvaso (Treprostinil)? I had it suggested to me but never followed up on it. Its for Cardio Pulmonary Hypertension – right?

Is yours the newer oral version?

Benefits to you so far? (feel better, breathe better, walk further etc?)

Side effects?

Has it dropped your right side pressure readings that you are aware of?

General costs?

Thanks

George Poulsen

• Steve Dragoo

February 8, 2024 at 4:58 pm

Keep looking at this NIH site for updates..https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/search?cond=IPF&locStr=USA&country=United%20States&page=11

• Alex Marion

February 17, 2024 at 2:09 pm

Hi George.

My wife have ipf but it could also be dipf or covid pf. She was diagnosed last may and she still asymptotic, she started caughting in October but quickly git better with more water humidifier and manuka honey in the morning and night. Went for a second opinion to ecuador and she never cough outside in the worm humid weather. The Dr. There consider that she is on very early stages an suggested tevago as he encounter positive results in some patients there. He has writing paper on covid related fibrosis and think that is the cause

We have a 3rd option on the go next week at Toronto General and see what they have say. The only thing we know so far is that her first lft numbers in August were 89% fvc and the latest one in February 96% fvc. Very good news as she still asymptotic and very active with weight lifting and walking.