Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Hobbies & Projects Some of My ‘Quiet Hobbies’…

• Some of My ‘Quiet Hobbies’…

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 6, 2018 at 1:18 pm

As promised, I am uploading a few pictures of the hobbies that bring me a lot of joy since my idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) diagnosis in early 2016. These are things that I used to do when I was younger (ie. card-making) and stopped due to hectic schedules, but re-starting them and building these hobbies into my life again has been very therapeutic. They are also projects that I can do in the quiet of my own home, and they do not take a lot of my energy so I can complete them even on days when I am feeling unwell. They also make unique and special gifts for the people I love in my life!

Would you be willing to share some images of your hobbies & projects that have brought you joy since your diagnosis of IPF/PF? 

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • sandra-vanzyl

August 27, 2018 at 10:28 am

I am going to try to upload a few pix of my hobbies I’ve been working on since home from hospital  (well, not right away, since I was so unwell till into February ).  Loved painting , knitting and some simple little quilts for the grandkiddies …..hope I can upload the photos …Paintings

• Charlene Marshall

August 27, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Hi Sandra,

That would be wonderful — I’d love to see the projects you’ve been working on! It can be really therapeutic for us to have a creative outlet, isn’t it? Quilts sound amazing and I’d love to see what you’ve been up to. Feel free to message me privately if you can’t figure out how to upload the photos, it is a bit of a weird/unusual process that takes a bit of time to learn but can be done! 🙂

Cheers,
      Charlene.

• sandra-vanzyl

August 27, 2018 at 8:29 pm

…..thankful for the many days that I was so lost and had to do something while i tried to mend ….I seem to mend by March and then have recently been feeling listless and no energy to do much…..I will email a small selection of my hobbies !  Cheers for now Charlene !

• Charlene Marshall

August 28, 2018 at 7:15 pm

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your reply, and I echo your sentiments about having gratitude for a hobby or task that kept your mind busy. I am so glad I have this creative and therapeutic outlet as well! Thanks for the email of your hobbies too – I will open the pictures tomorrow and add some for everyone to see for you. I think the creative folks on our forums, like myself, will be happy to see them 🙂

Cheers,
    Charlene.

• sandra-vanzyl

August 29, 2018 at 11:38 am

Thank you Charlene !  Have a wonderful Day !!!

Cheers

Sandy

• Charlene Marshall

August 30, 2018 at 1:03 pm

You too Sandy, I hope you’re having a great day!
        Stay tuned, I am going to post some of your creative projects tomorrow – I’ve just been focused on getting content out for our social media team here, as I’m a bit behind 🙂

I look forward to sharing your talent with others!
        Cheers,
        Charlene.